Twenty Two

Hey everyone!
I hope you are all doing good! I'm sad about Riverdale ending but I really hope we still get Choni content through fanfictions! I'm not at work until tonight so I've decided to update, I hope you all like it & as always let me know what you think!
Happy reading xx

A light knocking at the door pulled Toni from her uneasy slumber, with everything that had happened and everything that would be happening sleep hadn't come easily to her lately.

'Toni,' Abigail whispered as she poked her head through the door, 'it is time'.

Toni nodded at the redhead before turning her attention to Cheryl.

'Cher,' she whispered trying not to startle her, 'Cheryl, it's time to wake up'.

Cheryl cracked open one of her eyes, 'okay'.

Toni helped the redhead into some clothes trying not to let her eyes linger for too long, 'we need to change the dressing on that soon'.

'It's okay Toni I can do it'.

'I know but I want to help, if you want me to of course. You're not doing any of this alone'.

'Okay,' Cheryl nodded with a small smile, 'thank you'.

Toni returned the redheads smile, 'okay you ready?'

'As ready as I'll ever be'.

—————

Toni helped Cheryl into the lounge where Abigail and Thomasina had set up the ritual.

'Are you sure you are ready?' Abigail asked from her seat on the ground.

'Yes,' Cheryl said.

'You will need to join to circle,' Thomasina said from beside Abigail.

'On the ground? Are you crazy? She's...' Toni started.

'TT, it's okay I can do it'.

Toni looked at Cheryl and as much as she wanted to argue she didn't instead she helped the redhead to the floor with her heart in her throat.

'Okay careful,' Toni said as she lowered her down but she didn't miss the pained look on the redheads face.

'You okay?' Toni whispered once they were sat, Cheryl didn't say anything, she just nodded and Toni knew she was close to tears from the pain.

'Last chance, are you sure you are ready?' Abigail said looking between Cheryl and Toni, 'both of you?'

'We're ready,' Toni said while Cheryl nodded, 'tell us what we need to do'.

Abigail talked them through the ritual step by step before handing them the incantation.

'It is important we get everything right,' Abigail said seriously, 'who knows what could happen if this goes wrong'.

'Well that's great,' Toni said sarcastically.

'Toni...' Thomasina warned.

Toni didn't speak she just shrugged her shoulders as she looked over the paper between her fingers.

'Are you ready?' Abigail asked.

They all said yes before Abigail lit the candle in the middle of the sigil, she picked up the blade and ran it over her palm before passing it over to Thomasina.

The four of them cut across their hands before Abigail began chanting, Thomasina joined in and nodded at Cheryl and Toni to do the same.

'We call out to Hekate,
The goddess of magick, witchcraft, the night and the moon...'