42 - "Love yourself first..."

_________________________________

"If we come back and we're brokenUnworthy and ashamedGive us something to believe inAnd you know we'll go your way

Unworthy and ashamed
Give us something to believe in
And you know we'll go your way."

Guiding Light - Mumford & Sons

_________________________________

XLII.
\\ WORTHY //

"You know what I think the most important thing is? Is to love yourself first. I don't think you can find true love until you fall truly, deeply, madly for you."

@ @ @

Arden sat on the metal bleachers overlooking the soccer field at the high school, taking in the empty field and the quiet afternoon. She had just talked with the coach about trying out for the team again next Spring.

After Monkeyman released her video at the last game she played, she quit the team, unable to handle the emotional fallout of being targeted by him. Thankfully, her coach seemed to be understanding then and she was understanding now with Arden wanting to rejoin.

But now, knowing that her coach was okay with her trying out and being on the team again, it felt like she was taking back her life again. The things of her past, while they would always be apart of her, would no longer have a grip on the better future she wanted to build for herself.

Everything seemed to be turning for the better for her. The nightmares had stopped, she was sleeping better, she felt lighter and happier. Her friends and family were doing well, they were safe and healthy and happy.

There was nothing more that Arden could ever ask for.

For a moment, she glanced down at the tattoo on her wrist. The scale she had gotten to help her remember to keep herself balanced. Doing that was becoming easier and easier every day as she accepted herself and loved herself in ways she hadn't in a very long time. She'd never felt so free before to live her life and not having to feel guilty about it.

She was even starting to feel worthy of life again.

As Arden stared out at the field, she breathed in and smiled as she slowly exhaled, she felt everything in her life falling back into place.

__________________________________

"Cause even when there is no star in sight,
You'll always be my only guiding light."