18 - "I only wrote the truth."

_______________________________

"Put your arms around somebody else,Don't punish yourself, punish yourself

Don't punish yourself, punish yourself."

Looking Too Closely - Fink

_______________________________

XVIII.
\\ KING ME //

Arden awoke the next morning to the sunlight shinning through the opening of her curtains. She felt the warmth on her face and as her eyes fluttered open, she was met with the golden rays peeking through the blinds, cascading onto the floor.

A quiet yawn escaped her lips and she rubbed her eyes tiredly, letting herself wake up. Everything started to slowly come back to her as she remembered everything that happened last night...everything with Brandon.

Arden turned around in the bed to find the space beside her where Brandon had fallen asleep empty. She laid her hand over the spot where he had laid, wondering when he left. She didn't even hear him leave.

But after a moment, Arden noticed that there was a sticky note on the pillow beside her. Sitting up in the bed, she picked up the small piece of paper that had something scribbled on it.

You are worthy.    -B

As Arden read the note, she couldn't stop the smile that crept onto her face. Or the fluttering feeling in her stomach.

She traced her fingertips over the writing before setting it down on her nightstand. And that was when she looked at the clock, seeing that she overslept majorly. School started in forty minutes and she still had to get dressed, walk there, and make sure she got her books from her locker.

"Dammit," Arden sighed.

She reached over to her night stand and grabbed her phone, wanting to check it real quick before she started getting ready. However, when she unlocked it and saw the many notifications, her lips parted.

12 missed calls from Rowan 📸✨
4 missed calls from Elisia 🖤

Then Arden saw that Rowan and Elisia had also sent her a few text messages too, and when she opened them, they all were urgent from 1:30am.

Rowan 📸✨// 12:43am
Arden, something happened.

Elisia 🖤 // 12:47
Hey, call me back!! ASAP

Rowan 📸✨ // 12:49am
Hailey was attacked. You need to call us!

Elisia 🖤 // 1:13am
Are you okay? Why aren't you answering us?

Rowan 📸✨ // 1:37am
Den, please let me know if you're safe.

Her eyes widened as she cursed to herself as she rushed out of bed, "Shit."