10 - "It's over."

________________________________

"A woman can't run, From the things she's done,When the weight's got her on her knees

"A woman can't run,
From the things she's done,
When the weight's got her on her knees."

Bury - Unions
________________________________

trigger warning : mentions of violence and suicide

X.
\\ FACE TO FACE //

After Arden's whole world seemed to collapse in on itself the previous night, Rowan and Hailey stayed over at her house, comforting her as she tried to piece herself back together again. She really didn't remember much of what happened when she got home...she pretty much went straight to bed, hoping sleep would help her forget about the pain she was feeling inside. Rowan fell asleep beside her and Hailey fell asleep on the sleeping bag on the floor.

By morning, Hailey had gotten a text from Ash saying to meet him at the Grotto because he had some information about Raven, the girl in the video. Rowan and Hailey decided to go meet him while Arden took some time to herself after what happened last night. They promised they'd text her when they knew something more.

So while they went, Arden took a long, hot shower, and got herself together. She made sure to take care of Koda and took him on a walk to get both him and her out of the house for a little while. She let the peaceful nature surrounding her help relax her as they walked, however, it was very brief.

On the way back, she got a text from Hailey saying to meet them at Rowan's house so they could tell her about their meeting with Ash and also, Rowan found something at the Grotto that might be a clue.

So, when Arden got there, she found Hailey sitting on the curb outside of Rowan's house while Rowan was inside looking for something.

"Rowan said you found out more about Raven?" Arden said as she sat down on the curb beside her.

"Yeah," Hailey nodded, "Apparently she got into it with some guy the day before she died. Ash said she went off and it got pretty brutal."

Arden frowned, her eyebrows furrowing, "No one knows who it was?"

Hailey shook her head, "Ash said he asked around, no one knew who it was. Brandon was there though, Raven was going off on him before the guy stepped in...he might know, but he's been dodging my calls ever since Rowan called him out the other day."

Arden opened her mouth to say something but before she could, Rowan's voice appeared from behind them.

"I found it," Rowan sat down beside them on the curb, "A note from freshman year...from a secret admirer."

Hailey and Arden watched curiously as she unfolded the wrinkled and worn piece of paper, showing them the message scribbled inside in black ink.

"Roses are red, violets are blue..." She read aloud, "Meet me at the duck pond, promptly at two."