10. Not him

Seonghwa felt guilty, but not very sorry.

He had kept that place a secret. The place of Wooyoung's grave was only known to those who were there; himself, Mingi, Yunho, Yeosang and Hongjoong all swore to keep that place hidden. Not even Jongho knew where it was, he insisted he didn't want to know.

Seonghwa believed he was justified in his outrage when a stranger interrupted the most important day to him, in the most sacred place he held to his heart.

Granted, he hadn't known any of the things Mingi was shouting at him now, and Seonghwa was debating if he would have acted differently if he had known otherwise.

But with all the yelling and frustrated explanations, Mingi kept dancing around the few words that Seonghwa dared him to say.

When Mingi finally shut up and stared at him, waiting for a response, Seonghwa said the one thing no one wanted to hear right now.

"Mingi...he's not my soul."

He could see the eye twitch. The hand twitch. The way Mingi's jaw clenched.

"Prove it then." Mingi dared, walking to the bedroom door and opening it to reveal Yunho standing in its wake.

Yunho said something hushed to Mingi, something Seonghwa couldn't hear, but when they parted and stepped aside, he peered through the door and took in the sight before him.

It wasn't the same.

Seonghwa distinctly remembered how he had felt the first time he saw Wooyoung.

Seonghwa's focus was his renown. In all his years of fighting and being a soldier, the Kings had all relied on him for his focus and inability to be distracted or swayed during fights or expeditions.

But that one night, fighting Yunho for reasons he had already forgotten, was the first night he had ever been...distracted.

Seeing him, Wooyoung, the filthy blonde hair, dirt stained skin, barely any semblance of human left in him, had Seonghwa's body working without his mind...

...impaling the beautiful boy before he knew what was happening.

And for every moment after, he couldn't fucking focus.

It was Wooyoung everything. The world of tyranny ended because of him. Being in the 'wrong place at the wrong time' would now arguably be the reverse.

Even now, 20 years later, every God damn day was Wooyoung. Never was there a day without him in his mind.

Seeing San, standing at the mountain, Seonghwa felt nothing. Didn't feel any of that. Still didn't, still only had Wooyoung in his head.

And there was something about the way San clung to Jongho. Something not normal.

And Jongho. He was the biggest freak at the moment. Furrowed brows, hands rubbing up and down San's back, nose burried into the youngers neck, cheek pressed against the other's...

Seonghwa swore he'd have to be dead before he'd witness a fleck of emotion in that man. At least since that moment at the gates many years ago.

Mingi pushed him forward gently, and Seonghwa cautiously sat on the edge of the bed beside the two males.

Jongho, for the first time since Seonghwa came into the room, looked up.

He looked murderous.

"If you don't fucking fix this I'll kill you." Jongho whispered.

A barely audible "get in line" could be heard from Mingi, before a soft slap resounded.

"Jongho...I can't. Please believe me. San isn't..." Seonghwa didn't dare finish his sentence.