For You My Love

"Dad, I know you're trying, to fight when you feel like flying"

While Bucky tried to keep me from freaking out about Noah, Tony and Steve found his location. I found this out two weeks before my due date.

Two.

"Tess baby where are you?" Bucky called as he walked through the halls, "the doctor told you to stay in bed baby!"

I was zoned out, couldn't hear a thing as I stared at the crib in front of me. I was sitting in the rocking chair we had in the baby's nursery, the white and baby pink walls helping calm me as the fear returned about Noah.

Because I was helpless and there was nothing I could do.

I was snapped out of my daze when Bucky placed his hand on my shoulder, pushing apart my legs gently and standing between them. He cupped my face gently in his palm, "what are you doing out of bed my love?"

"I can't just sit Buck," I whispered, staring down at the floor, "And I'm so happy to have our baby on the way but with Noah still being out there I- I can't just not do anything." And I bit my lip as tears filled my eyes, "I wanna help."

"About that Tess," Bucky said softly, "we found where he's hiding."

My eyes snapped up to his, "really?"

"We found him doll," he smiled, but I could tell he was hiding something.

"But?"

"But it's an every person mission, meaning I have to-" he paused, "I have to leave you here alone."

My heart instantly dropped. I'm put on bed rest there's no way I can- if something were to happen? I took a shaky breath before nodding my head. He could tell I didn't like the sound of that and squatted down to meet me face to face.

His hands cupped my cheeks, running his thumbs gently across my skin , "I can hear your thoughts darling," he said softly, "and you don't have to be afraid. We're leaving tonight to catch them off guard."

"So n-nobody's going to keep me company?" I asked, "and I'm stuck in a bed?"

"I'm sorry doll," he whispered, "I fought to get at least someone to stay with you, but Scott is still under house arrest, and that was the only person they'd let take care of you."

"How am I supposed to eat James?" I asked, "I'm not allowed to get up.."

"We can make an exception for you to eat, just like showering and going to the bathroom," he smiled, "just don't be reckless."

"You know I'm not reckless especially when I'm carrying this one," I said as I pointed down at Theresa, "how long will you be gone?"

"Tony says we should be gone about three days, takes a day to get there, we fight the next, and then fly back."

"You'll call me whenever you can right?" I asked as I bit my lip.

"When have I ever let you down on calling you doll?" He asked, and I stared silently up at him, "never. Am I right?"

I nodded with a small smile, my eyes watering as he wrapped his arms around me, "what if my water breaks and I have to do this alone?"

"You aren't doing it alone I promise you," he whispered, "Theresa knows better than that. She'll take care of you baby."

"You'll call me as soon as you're done?" I asked quietly, and he nodded his head before kissing me gently.

"I promise," he whispered, "I will call you immediately after I leave the building."