Part 11 - Venice

"You seriously bought new gums even after we already so much from the last time and it has been only a week" Priya said rolling her eyes, "I wanted to try this flavor..." he said like a child. Priya wanted to be mad, but couldn't help but chuckle at his innocence. "By the way you look pretty, I told you, this dress will look amazing on you." Ram said, Priya wanted to retort back but didn't, not wanting to ruin his mood, she thanked him earning a full tooth smile from him. She was wearing a long green floral frock that reached till her ankles. She let her hair open, courtesy of her husband, she wore the bangles, and a watch. Simple yet elegant. 

They boarded their plane, this time it was Ram's private jet

They boarded their plane, this time it was Ram's private jet. Priya was stunned, the inside was just marvelous. Ram grinned seeing her amused face. "It's wow" she exclaimed, "Thanks, Meet, Mr. Kumar, he our pilot, a really good one, I must say" Ram said, "good morning Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor." He beamed, as he extended his hand, Priya shook his hands with a smile. They settled in the jet, Priya was still in daze about everything. As the plane took off, Ram spoke, "Something changed" Priya turned to look at him, "Mom... I felt something yesterday" he said.

~FLASHBACK~

They had come home from shopping and other stuff, it was 8pm. They freshened up and sat for dinner along with Nandini, Shivi, Akki, Mamma – Mammi, Shubhu was out partying. Ram told them that he and Priya are going to Venice, for work related issue, which they found hard to believe as they didn't get why Priya had to go. "Bhai!! Not done, don't lie. Priya di kyu aa rahi hai phir? Work toh aap hi karenge na?" Shivi complained. "Bache aisa nahi hai. Since Shubhu won't be coming, I need Priya's signature." He said hoping to convince the family, "Seriously.... I want to come with, I will roam around you both do your work." She complained again, Ram looked ta Priya, "Shivi, this is not a fun vacation. But I promise, the next time we go out, you and akki are definitely joining us, no excuse at all, but now please try to understand" spoke Priya, "ok di, just because you said" Shivi said, "good" Priya said giving a smile. Only she could convince Shivi to do something, Ram wondered how, amazed by his wife. The dinner completed soon, mammi made her usual taunts by now they were used to it, and ignored. Everyone left, "Mom, actually humme aapse baath karni hai" Ram spoke, "Kya hua ram? Everything fine?" she asked. Nandini wasn't too happy about Ram and Priya's sudden trip to Venice, but decided to keep quiet. Nandini sat down. Ram looked at Priya asking her to speak but she shook her head, not wanting to and looked down. Ram told her eyerything, about Mahendra Sood, Vedika, Shashi's involvement in murder. Nandini knew about Vedika obviously, but the rest stunned her. Priya sobbed lightly, "I am sorry Mom, I truly am" she spoke, "No, Priya you don't apologize, you are not at fault here, if anything its both of them" Ram spoke immediately, and for the first time Nandini sympathized with Priya, poor girl what was she going through. "Ram is right, you don't have to apologize. Your fathe- no Mahendra Sood and Shashi is responsible. You never knew. Oh God! How could they!!!" she yelled, running her fingers through her hair. Nandini placed her hand on his cheek surprising him, "how are you Ram? It must be so difficult for you, I am sorry" she said with tears that didn't seem to be fake. For the first time, Priya witnessed Nandini's caring side which was true, "Mom, I have accepted the fact. I am fine now. How are you? I didn't want to impose all this, but it is your right to know." He said his eyes glossy, as he gets Nandini's care. "I will be fine Ram, it's hard to process. Now I get why you both have to go to Italy. And you should. Be safe" she said kissing his forehead. It all came down to her, the boy who selflessly stood for her, Shivi and Shubhu, and how did they treat him, like stranger. But no more, he is also her son, and she is his mother. He made a promise to his dad to take care of them no matter what, but even she made, to take care of all his three children, she had broken it, but now she will mend it. It seemed Vedika's word suddenly made sense to her. She was surprised that vedika hadn't mentioned her name, she really has changed, and maybe it's not too late for her too. Ram and Priya left to their room, Priya came back to take her phone, she saw Nandini sitting deep in her thoughts, "Mom, don't worry, I promise, they will be punished for their crimes." She said, Nandini got up, and held her shoulders, "Priya, with you and Ram together, I have no doubt on that. Although I am sorry for everything" she said, "par kyu mom?" Priya asked, "I think we both know. The way I have treated you from the beginning. You are a very strong girl, I truly feel bad that you had to suffer, but whatever it is, it had shaped you into the woman you are today and all of us, Ram, Meera ji, your sisters, are very proud. I am happy to have you in our family. But I am willing to give our relationship another try after you come back" Nandini said, "nahi mom, you have nothing to sorry about. You are just a concerned mother. And I would like that too" Priya smiled. "good, now take care of Ram. I know you will. But I meant it, both of you please be safe." She said patting her cheeks lightly. Priya smiled and nodded. Nandini felt light, there was no tension anymore. Smiling to herself she had a good sleep.