Part 14 - Can't help falling in love with you

"you know Mr. Kapoor, I love singing and dancing, I used to do it, whenever I was alone, happy or sad, it lifts me up." A tipsy Priya spoke, "What... you never told me that! I love singing and dancing too..." Ram spoke back excitedly, "Well, we are kind of alike in some cases." She said innocently, Ram's eyes gleamed. The song changed, she jumped enthusiastically, held his shoulder and shook him, he looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed, "I love this song, it's such a classic" she yelled, leaving him and increased the volume.

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

She tried singing to it, but it was a bit off beat as she was drunk. And he enjoyed seeing her happily singing without a care in this world. He liked the song too.

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

She was dancing by herself, moving her hips lightly, swaying her body, she was free, nothing mattered now. 'God Priya! If only you knew what effect you have on me. I love you so damn much...' he was deep in his thoughts admiring her beauty, her smile, her singing and dancing.

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

She sang the last line looking at him, like she was trying to convey it. Her eyes spoke volumes of love, she wouldn't admit yet, but it was evident. She smiled, and walked towards him

Take my hand

Take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

She extended her hand and he took it, she pulled him closer to her. She wrapped her arms around his torso, while he slowly held her face, his hand caressing her cheeks. Not losing the eye contact, she sang it to him, meaning every word. He felt it, all hell broke loose inside him, his pulse raced, heart beating faster than it should, cheeks turning blood red. They just swayed lightly.

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea 

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand

Take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

He too joined her and sang with her, she hummed, resting her head on his shoulder, while he held her by her waist. She was very tired, he could sense her falling asleep. The song ended a while ago, but they didn't let each other go. She lifted her and gently placed her on the bed, he tried pulling himself away, but she wasn't ready to let go of his hand. He smiled at her, and lied down beside her covering them with the duvet.