Part 19 - Turmoil

Hi, It's been long... so... I have kinda leapt into the future.. no too much, but I hope you enjoy reading this. It might be sad, but they do say after a hurricane comes a rainbow.

It has been five months since they have returned. Thing were going pretty smooth for both Ram and Priya. They would have fights occasionally, they would make up, but everything just made them closer than ever. Going on dates, movies, walks, dinners, nobody could ever say they married for the sake of their family. It has been a really busy month for them. Ram entered his room, seeing a tired and exhausted Priya sitting and waiting for him, even after all these months, the fact that someone waits for him at home always melts his heart. "Priya" he said softly, "hmm... you're back" she said hugging him. "Heyy, are you alright, you look a little pale and sick? You don't have fever though." He said rubbing her back. He made her lie on the bed. "I am fine, I guess, it's this month. I am so tired Ram. And I have been having these cramps" she said, "Cramps?" he asked, sitting beside her, "Yeah, don't worry, it might just be my periods... why don't you go freshen up. I wanna sleep so badly." He smiled, and went to the washroom. He came out in few minutes only to find Priya sleeping soundly, but there was a discomfort in her face. He knew, she loved having chocolates during her periods, it gave her comfort, so he went down to the kitchen, grabbed a bar. While coming up, he could hear her screaming his name, "Rammm!!!!!! Ram!!" he frantically rushed to the room. "Priya kya hua?" he asked dropping the chocolate, running to her side, who was now clutching her stomach, wailing in pain. "Ram... I don't know, my stomach, it hurts, it has never hurt this bad... I can't" she cried, his heart broke seeing her like this, "We're going to the hospital now!" he said, slowly lifting her, only to find her bleeding, "Priya... you're... ble... bleeding" he stammered, as he was petrified by the event before him. Hearing the screams, Nandini came, "Ram Priya? What happened?" she asked wide eyed, as Ram took her down to the car, "Mom, I don't know, but I have to go, I'll be back" he said, she gave a worried look and asked them to take care. Ram gripped the steering wheel tightly as he drove, he couldn't think straight, something was wrong with Priya and he couldn't do anything about it. He looked over at his wife, who was lying in the back seat with her eyes closed, her breathing shallowed. He gulped and ramped up the speed. The night of accident flashed before him, he wasn't gonna lose her. He could see her closing her eyes, "Priya, you are my strong girl. We are gonna reach very soon, hold on. I won't let anything happen to you." He said.

They reached the hospital, pretty quick. He carried her inside, yelling "Help!! It's my wife, she's having a bad stomach cramp and she's bleeding" the nurse looked at her, and almost immediately bought a stretcher and whisked her away, with Ram running behind. The doctors stopped him from entering the room, "Mr. Kapoor, you have to calm down, we will take care of her" he said calmly, "You better, she is my wife!" he said rather loudly, thought he didn't mean to harsh, but the fear of losing her made him lose his mind. Soon Nandini, Meera ma, Sara came terrified, seeing Ram sitting hiding his head in his palms, "Ram? Did the doctors say anything? What happened to Priya?" Nandini asked, Ram stood up, his eyes bloodshot, "I don't know mom, she was taken in. I don't know" he cried, she took him in a hug, while Meera ma and rubbed his back, "she is a fighter, she will fight, for you, for us." She said. A female doctor came out, Ram quickly turned, "Doctor, Priya teek hai? Usse kya hua?" Ram asked, the doctor looked down, "I need to speak with you and Mrs. Kapoor alone" she asked, he looked at other who asked him to go, he followed her to the room. His heartbeats raced, his fingers shivered, body trembled, fighting off all the negativity in his mind, he opened the door. He saw Priya lying on the bed, eyes barely open, seems like she had been crying, "hey" he whispered kissing her forehead, looking around at all the equipment in the room. She didn't respond but stared straight at the doctor. "There is no easy way of saying this, we did a lot of tests, and we found out that the baby had no heartbeat." She said, Ram looked at baffled, "baby? Priya was pregnant?" he asked looking at Priya, who shook her head no, his eyes widened. "She was twelve weeks along" Ram gulped, "how did it happen?" he asked tears spilling out. "It is not uncommon for women to miscarry early in their pregnancy without even knowing. The symptoms can be associated with stress. What Priya has gone through it normal. All she needs is rest and support." The doctor said, he nodded, though he wasn't sure that he completely understood. He grabbed Priya's hand and stoked the back of it with his thumb. "I'll leave you two alone" she said leaving the room to give them space.