Chapter 6

(apologies for the spam update, I forgot I was posting it here and kept writing xD)

Zhongli's head was pounding as he was shaken awake by little hands. Zhongli groaned, rubbing his eyes as he sat up. Crying finally processed in Zhongli's groggy mind.

"Papa." Venti whined, still shaking his father's arm.

"I'm awake Little Bird." Zhongli said softly, placing a hand on his son's head.

"Xixi won't stop crying." Venti whined.

"Thank you for coming to get me baby, I'll go grab him." Zhongli said, kissing his son's head before standing.

His head was still pounding and the sound of his son's crying made it worse, but he moved into his room, gently gathering Xiao into his arms.

"It's okay baby, I've got you." Zhongli said softly. He changed Xiao's diaper, changing him into something clean before carrying him back into the living room. It was still dark out, but Zhongli didn't mind. He had always been an early riser. Venti was still by the couch, watching with sleepy eyes. "Are you hungry Little Bird?" Zhongli asked, going over to collect his oldest into his arms, kissing his head.

"I tired. Xixi woked me up." Venti mumbled, burying into his father's chest.

"I'm sorry baby. Come on, I think some breakfast will be good for all of us." Zhongli said as he stood, holding Venti on his hip.

Venti nodded, clinging to Zhongli's robes. He was still dressed in his robes from the night before. His hair was half out of the bun, the hair piece long since missing now. He looked like a mess, something that most people wouldn't describe Zhongli as. Zhongli hardly cared at that moment though, his priority was to make his son breakfast and get a bottle for Xiao. Like always, his sons' health and happiness came first.

He set Venti down on the counter, moving to the fridge. He warmed a bottle for Xiao, laying him in his swing with the bottle so he could eat while Zhongli pulled a few things from the fridge to make breakfast with. Venti watched, half asleep as Zhongli chopped up some vegetables and meat, mixing it in a bowl with some eggs. In a second, smaller bowl he mixed another egg, scrambling it for Venti to eat with a piece of buttered toast. He poured his own egg mixture into the pan, scrambling it together. He made himself some toast as well, leaning against the counter beside his son to eat.

"Papa?" Venti looked up at his father as Zhongli picked at his breakfast, lost in his thoughts.

"Yeah, Little Bird?" Zhongli asked, glancing over at Venti with a small smile.

"Are you okay? You slept on the couch and let Xixi cry." Venti said, taking his father's sleeve. "You are still in your robes from last night."

"I'm okay baby, I promise." Zhongli smiled softly, petting Venti's head.

"I saw mama's picture on the table, were you thinking about her last night?" Venti asked.

"Yeah baby, I was. I miss your mother so much." Zhongli said, glancing down at his plate in his other hand.

"Uncle Barba says she is in a good place and that Celestia is taking care of her now." Venti told Zhongli, hugging his father.

"Yeah baby, she is." Zhongli said as he set his plate down, pulling Venti into a hug.

Tears slid down his cheeks as he hugged his son close, Venti burrowing back into his chest. The two stayed like that for a long moment before Xiao's cries took Zhongli's attention away from his oldest. He moved over to Xiao, taking the bottle from him before giving him a pacifier, gently rocking his swing to lull him back to sleep for a little longer.

Glaze Lilies (Chili Flower Shop AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara