realisation

tanjiro pov:

"tanjiro please follow me I need to talk to you." shinobu said as she walked past me into the butterfly mansion. "what's wrong?" I said. I could smell anger yet also sorrow.

I followed shinobu into the mansion where she sat down infront of me. it was silent but not for long. "I would like to talk to you about (y/n)" she said staring down at the floor. she spoke softly as if not wanting to speak on the topic.

"I am sure your aware he went missing on the mission with uzui." shinobu said. "I remember it clearly, not a single thing was found of him.." I said. y/n was one of my friends and for him to just disappear... it was odd.

"I called you here because... I don't think he died that night." w-what? no there's no way he survived he would of been with us if he did. surely. right? "w-what do you mean?" she looked up at me and then paused. I could sense the saddnes that she felt.

"the other night while on patrol I ran into a demon."she said." and from the way it spoke and what it wore I can say that... y/n is a demon." she looked back down. n-no way. so that means that demon that I saw was.....y/n?!?

"w-why would he..." it went silent for a moment. it just took some time to process. I was sure he must of been killed. "not only had he become a demon. he is now Upper Moon 5." w-what how has be became an upper moon in such short time.

"tanjiro..." shinobu spoke softly. "please find and kill y/n.." my eyes grew in shock. "why me? surely a hashira would be more suited." I wouldn't say I'm that strong. And especially compared to an uppermoon. "I know y/n was a close friend of yours and I feel you can beat him."

"but what about you?" she let out a loud sigh. "I don't think I can kill him.... and we still don't know if poison works on uppermoons." I stood up "ok I'll find y/n and cut his head off!" I walked to the door. "thank you tanjiro."

(spoilers if you don't know anything about sanemi)

time skip to night:

y/n pov:

right now I'm fighting a hashira. And this one seems keen on making sure I completely perish. "first form: dust whirlwind cutter." at blinding speeds he dashed at me and swung his sword releasing multiple attacks going in every direction.

I was able to evade the slashes but at the same time he ran around me and swung at my neck. this guy is hella fast." your quick, like that butterfly girl are you a hashira too?" I jumped up and grabbed my scythe off my back. "sixth form : black wind mountain mist." he swung up in an uppercut motion which sent an arching slash.

I tried to dodge but in the same motion he jumped up and kicked me down. he then hit the ground and dashed towards me. "third form :  clean storm wind tree." a bunch of slashes flew up in a what seemed to be a storm lifting me up in the process.

somehow everything but my neck got cut. I dashed back and repaired myself. this was bad he's way too strong. I've got to get out." you must be the wind hashira right?" a smile then appeared on his face. "that's right I'M THE WIND THAT'LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF BITCH. second form : claws purifying wind." he slashed multiple times sending waves of claw like slashes at me at lightning like speed.

"blood demon art : Death Amber rotating pests." tens of sickles flew like insects towards him to which he cut through ever single one.

"seems like you need some help there." I look to my right to see the eyes of... "I'm akaza."