six

12 Grimmauld Place

Sirius walked into one of the few living rooms in the Black ancestral home. The room was dim, and Althena was lying on the couch fast asleep in high wasted bellbottom jeans and a deep blue blouse with a newspaper over her face.

He walked to the curtains and opened them up, letting the sunlight in. Althena shot up from the couch, "Close the bloody curtains!" She yelled, picking up her wand and closing the curtains.

"It's 2 in the afternoon!"

"I need two hours of sleep everyday, Sirius. Just two! Can you not leave me alone for that!"

"Go to your room if you want to sleep! Not here!"

Althena took a few steps towards him, "I don't have a bed, because you said that since I only need two hours of sleep it would be a waste to get one in here. Does that ring a bell?!"

He went quiet for a few moments, "Yes, I suppose it does."

She rolled her eyes and laid back down on the couch.

Sirius looked around at the various plants in the room, "You said you'd care for the plants on the house. Why are they all dead?"

"Gardening was my sister's thing, not mine." She said, putting the newspaper back over her face, "Go away."

Before she could dose back off, Mad-Eye, Remus, and Tonks all walked into the room.

"Blimey, we need to get some light in here!" Tonks said, opening the curtains again.

Althena angrily stood up, "Sweet suffering Merlin close the fucking blinds, and get rid of the damn garlic!"

Tonks turned to her wide-eyed with garlic bread in her mouth, "I'm sorry. I didn't see you there."

Remus walked up next to Althena with her sunglasses in his hands. He gave her an apologetic look, and she took them and put them on. She slowly turned back to Tonks, who was shoving the rest of the garlic bread in her mouth.

"I swear, it's like none of you have ever been around a Vampire before."

"We haven't." Mad-Eye replied.

Althena sat back down and Tonks began to close the curtains, "Don't worry about it, Tonks. I'm already awake." She said while lighting a cigarette.

Tonks slowly backed away from the curtains and everyone gathered around on the couches and chairs.

"Anything from baby Malfoy?" She asked.

"No." Remus replied, "But the owl Augustus sent still hasn't come back."

"It's probably dead."

"Don't say that, Althena." Sirius said, "We need a little optimism."

"Don't come to me for that, Sirius." She replied while blowing out smoke, "I've never been the beacon for happiness. Go take that up with my dead sister."

Sirius sighed and sat back in the chair he was in, "I'm getting real sick of your attitude."

"Wouldn't be a first time."

"Enough." Remus interjected, "Both of you. We won't get anywhere if you two keep arguing."

Althena stood up, "I need a drink."

"You can digest human food or beverages, Althena!" Sirius called out as she walked to the door.

She held up the middle finger to him, walking out of the room.

Remus looked at his friend, "What is your deal with her?"

"Have you not seen the way she has been? She's been nothing but bitter and rude."

"Well, I don't think Diana's killer being back is helping her. She's hurting just as much as you are." He said to him.

a/n:

i just think that althena <3