forty-one

The 5th years were in the middle of their O.W.L. examinations on Theory of Charms when Zoya's suspicion that Fred and George were planning a huge prank were proved true.

The only sound in the room was quills moving against parchment and the faint ticking of the clock.

Zoya and Hermione were getting by with ease, Ron was perplexed and confused, while Harry was staring off into the distance.

Umbridge was watching them from the front of the classroom with a large pendulum swung from behind her. Zoya secretly wished it would somehow break and fall on top of her.

Everyone was quickly distracted from their exams at the sound of a low boom outside of the door. Everyone turned their heads to where the sound was coming from, and a small smirk grew on Zoya's face.

Umbridge began to walk down the aisle and to the large double doors leading into the room. The booming sound continued to grow louder as Umbridge opened the double doors.

She took a few steps out of the room, and a small spark flew up to her face. She looked at it quizzically as it sizzled and crackled before flying into the classroom.

It popped loudly, and created large fireworks in the room. When it stopped, Umbridge took a few more steps to see who it was. And then out of nowhere, Fred and George flew into the classroom as they yelled.

Everyone's papers went into the air as they flew around in the room, laughing loudly. They let off more fireworks as Fred swooped down to capture Zoya's lips briefly.

She laughed excitedly, watching the two unleash chaos into the room. Umbridge walked back into the room worriedly, narrowly dodging sparks that were flying around in the room.

Filch ran into the room with a mop while the twins unleashed what looked like a dragon made from fireworks. It flew towards Umbridge, who ran out of the classroom while whimpering.

Its mouth closed around her and it exploded, breaking every case the proclamations Filch nailed to the wall. After a few seconds of silence, the cases all fell to the ground around Umbridge.

Fred and George whooshed past her out of the room, flying off outside. Everyone followed them out, cheering as they cast more fireworks.

Eventually the entire school was outside, laughing and cheering at their antics. They ended their prank with fireworks in the shape of a W.

Through the cheers and laugher, Zoya, Luca, Hermione, and Augustus caught sight of Harry falling to the ground in panic. They all rushed to him, leaning down, "Harry, you alright?" Luca worriedly asked.

He blinked a few times, "It's Sirius."

Augustus followed the four up the ever changing staircases, "It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months, only I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before. Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have the last time, and it's in the Department of Mysteries."

"Harry, please, just listen." Hermione rushed out, "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is?" Harry shot back, "I'm supposed to just let him die?"

"Lor- Aurora can't handle more loss." Augustus spoke up, "He's the only family Harry's got left and he's just about all Aurora has."

"What do we do?" Ron asked.

"We'll have to use the Floo Network." Harry replied, continuing to run of the staircases.

"Umbridge has all the chimneys under surveillance." Hermione said.

"Not all of them." Both Zoya and Harry replied at the same time, thinking back to when they were in her horribly pink office.

The five went to her office door, and Harry muttered Alohomora to break the lock. The cats on the plates hung on the wall meowed loudly, "Alert the Order if you can." Harry said as the flame in the fireplace glowed a vibrant green.

"Are you mental? We're going with you." Zoya said eagerly.

"It's too dangerous." Harry said.

Hermione knelt down next to him, "When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together."

"That... you... are." Umbridge said from behind them.

Draco shoved Neville into her office, "Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl. Git."

The Inquisitorial Squad had a hold on Zoya, Harry, Augustus, Ron, Hermione, Luca, Ginny, Neville, and Luna while Harry was sat in a chair face to face with Umbridge.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge asked.

"No."

Umbridge slapped Harry across the face, "Liar!"

"You sent for me, Headmistress?" Snape asked from the doorframe.

Umbridge quickly stood up straight with her usual smile, "Yes. The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students, the last of it on Miss Chang. Unless you wish to poison him, and I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did– I cannot help you."

As Snape turned to walk out of the office, Harry called out, "H-He's got Padfoot. He... he's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

Umbridge looked between them, "Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he talking about, Snape?"

Snape slowly turned his head back to them, "No idea." He said, walking out of the office.

"Very well. You give me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of Ministry security, you leave me with... no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

"That's illegal." Hermione cut in.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him."

Zoya tried to break free from the grip of two Slytherins, but failed to do so, "I swear once I break free–"

Umbridge snapped her head up to her, "Is that a threat, Miss Kien?"

"Yes it is."

"Well, given your record of violence at this school and the fact that you have just made a threat against the Headmistress of this school, you may go pack your things once I'm finished."

Zoya gave her no reaction as Umbridge put the portrait of Cornelius down onto the table so it couldn't see a thing. Umbridge held her wand up to Harry's face, "Tell her, Harry!" Hermione yelled.

Umbridge turned to Hermione, "Tell me what?

"Well, if you won't tell her where it is... I will." Hermione threatened.

"Where what is?"

Hermione sighed, "Dumbledore's secret weapon."