twenty-three

Zoya followed her three best friends plus Augustus into an old tavern in Hogsmeade that was basically abandoned.

Over the past week and a half, the four were gathering trustworthy students for something big. Zoya wasn't even sure how it would go.

"Lovely spot." Ron commented.

"I come here during full Moons sometimes. The owner of this place is a bit of an arsehole, but he sometimes gives me food or just lets me roam around." Augustus said from behind Ron as a goat ran outside.

The tavern keeper chased after it, "Hey, Mitzi, come back here!" He called after it.

"But... he does have to keep the goat away from me when I've transformed. I have a feeling it knows I'm the werewolf that visits." Augustus commented.

They all walked further into the tavern, seeing a group of students sitting down waiting on them. Augustus sat down amongst the students while the four sat in front of them.

Zoya caught Fred's eyes, and mouthed a small hello. He said hello back, and smiled bright when he saw she had one of his jumpers on.

She then saw Estella on the other side of the room, but she decided to put her bitterness aside. She had a feeling Fred and George were right about her being extremely smart.

Hermione nervously stood up once everyone settled down, "Um... hi. So... you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" Someone called out.

"Why?!" Zoya mocked, because the Dark Lord is back you tosspot." She snapped back, making a few people snicker, even Estella.

"So he says." The boy replied, glaring at Harry.

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione cut in.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?"

"If you're going to be like this the entire time, the door is that way." Zoya said, pointing to it, "If not, then shut up."

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." Another boy spoke up.

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, you might as well clear out now." Harry said with a sigh as he stood up before turning to Hermione, "Come on, Hermione, let's go. They're just here 'cause they all think I'm some sort of freak."

"You are a freak." Zoya whispered to him, "But only we can call you that. Anyone else who does will be knocked on their arses." She said, giving him a light nudge.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna questioned.

"Yes." Hermione answered for him, "I've seen it."

"Blimey, Harry, I didn't know you could do that." Dean called out.

"And he killed a Basilisk with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Neville added.

"It's true. Third year, he fought off about 100 Dementors at once!" Ron excitedly said.

"And last year, he really did fight of Voldemort in the flesh next to Lorelei Malfoy." Zoya added, "And she is innocent."

"Wait." Harry quickly interjected, "Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that, but the truth is, most of it was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half of the time, I nearly always had help. If Lorelei Malfoy hadn't been there when Voldemort was... I wouldn't be here. She watched her boyfriend die, and she still went on and helped me despite her heartbreak."