forty-three

A lot was revealed to the public the next morning.

Aurora and Sirius Black were innocent.

Harry Potter was innocent.

Umbridge was fired and sent to Azkaban.

Dumbledore was reinstated.

Zoya was on the couch back at Hogwarts, eyes closed as Fred held her tightly. She was lucky to only come back with a small gash on her arm.

"You wanna go to the feast?" Fred quietly asked her.

She nodded, "In a moment. Just wanna sit here for a little." She said, hugging him tighter.

From outside of the Gryffindor common room, Luca helped Luna hang up papers on her missing possessions. He couldn't get Augustus out of his mind. He couldn't get the screams of Aurora out of his mind.

Harry walked up to them, "How come you two aren't at the feast?" He asked them.

Luna turned to Harry, "Lost all my possessions. Apparently, people have been hiding them. Luca has been helping me..."

"That's awful." Harry said, following the two as they hung up papers.

"Oh, it's all good fun." Luna replied brightly, "But as it's the last night, I really do need them back."

"Do you want any help finding them?"

Luna kindly shook her head, "I have Luca." She said. She faced him, "I'm sorry about your godfather, Harry." She said as she took his hand.

She let go of it after a few seconds, "Are you sure you guys don't want any help looking?"

"That's all right. Anyway, my mum always said the things we lose, have a way of coming back to us in the end." She said as a tear streamed down Luca's face. Luna slowly looked up to see her sneakers tied to the roof, "If not always in the way we expect. I think I'll just go and have some pudding. Come on, Luca."

Luna took his hand, and she skipped down the hall with his hand in hers while he just bleakly walked.

Fred didn't leave Zoya's side until they went to bed. And the next morning, as soon as they got everything together, he walked with her hand-in-hand to the train station.

It didn't take much for him to know she was still shaken up. As they boarded the train, Zoya decided to sit with him instead of Harry, Hermione and Ron.

"I can't believe you two won't be coming back next year." She sadly said to Fred and George.

"Oh, don't worry, love. You still won't be able to escape me. I'll make sure of it." Fred said cheerily, placing a kiss on her forehead.