1 | Just the Beginning

[Aliciel Blacker Point of View]

"What a poor young lady..."

"..the Duchess Blacker passed away just years ago however.. the Duke remarried to another woman."

"Not to mention, that woman is a commoner."

"It appears that woman has a son!"

"Oh my..!"

"How old is he?"

".... He is a year younger than Lady Blacker."

(Just keep running your mouth as you please.)

I clenched my hands to fists and continued to walk away from the guests who were gossiping in the garden at my residence.

As soon as I entered my room, I went straight to bed and lay down to rest due to the stress I'm experiencing on a constant basis.

(It's really difficult.)

I sighed sadly as I gazed up at the familiar ceiling.

(I did live as the original Aliciel... but after knowing this world is that damn game...!)

I recently discovered that I got transmigrated as a Villainess in this stupid otome game I played before I died.

A game called [Fated Love] with four available *capture targets in which we play as the Heroine, Nora Bright, and went through hardships with the chosen capture target.

*Capture Target is an LI (Love Interest) that the Heroine (Player) will have to raise the affection of the chosen LI. It's the choices player made in the prologue that will lead player to LI routes.

Aliciel Blacker, the Villainess, was always there to get in their way across their journey of love and hardships, no matter who the capture targets were.

In my previous life, I always felt bad for Aliciel even though she was the Villainess.

The Duke never paid her or her mother any attention. Instead, he married another woman several years after her mother passed away.

(It was too realistic and it scares me.)

While I was thinking about the game, I heard a knock on the door, which prompted me to rise from my bed into a sitting position.

"Come in."

The door was pushed open, revealing a young maid with curly brown hair and sparkling black eyes.

Lula, my personal maid.

"Good afternoon lady Aliciel!"

She greeted me with the same excitement she always did, her joy pouring out within my gloomy atmosphere.

"Good afternoon Lula, what's the matter?"

I looked at her, my face expressionless, but eyes wide with curiosity.

In response to my question, Lula smiled.

"Do you want to eat some sweets, my lady? It's delicious!"

She offered earnestly, the light in her eyes never wavered, apparently trying to make me feel a lot better after my father's remarriage.

Affected by her kindness, a small smile rose up to my lips.

Even though I don't really enjoy sweets ever since I remembered my previous life, but Lula is trying to cheer me up, I should at least respect that.

"Yes. I would like to, please bring it to me."

"Yes, lady!"

She beamed cheerfully at my agreement and exited the room right away. After making certain she was gone for good, I let out a sigh, but my smile remained steadfast.