12 | Birthday Celebration (1)

(Mother... apologized to me?)

Aliciel lied down on the bed once more after calming herself down and stared at the ceiling.

(Is it possible for me to just abandon this house?)

She then chuckled heartily at her own foolishness of thought.

Aliciel knows better than anyone she didn't have the courage to do so. She's not confident if she'll be able to make a living out there.

Besides, even if she wasn't from that world, the Dukedom mysteriously holds a special place in her heart.

Original Aliciel's attachment to the house was the source of those feelings. Perhaps that's why she wants Allen to be the best of the best when it comes to leading the dukedom in the future.

No matter how many times she contemplated to escape, she didn't find a way out. A melancholy smile forms on her lips the more she thought about it.

(Who am I kidding...?)

She heard a knock on the door after a few minutes of silence and ordered whoever it was to enter.

Lula walked in with a bright smile on her face once she opened the door.

"Good morning my lady!"

She curtsied politely.

Aliciel rose to a sitting position and turned her attention toward Lula with a faint smile.

"Good morning Lula."

"Your dress will be done by tomorrow, my lady."

She informed then Aliciel nodded her head in understatement.

The dress the duke has ordered for her to wear at Valen's birthday celebration in a week.

Of course, the Blacker Dukedom, one of the highest aristocratic families in the empire, will be in attendance.

"I understand."

Lula's heart tightened as she saw Aliciel's blank expression, and she forced a smile in hopes of making Aliciel feel better.

"Do you want a bubble bath, lady Aliciel? I'll wash your hair for you."

Aliciel smiled lightly at Lula, not too enthusiastic. But on the other hand, she appreciates Lula's constant efforts to cheer her up.

".. That might be nice."

Lula then excused herself to prepare for the bath, asking Aliciel to patiently wait while she do so.

Unbeknownst to Aliciel, Lula smiled sadly at the sight of her faint smile, and then tightened her fists firmly after remembering the duke's treatment of her lady.

(I'll never forgive this family, my lady.)

She thought to herself as she glanced at Aliciel, who was staring blankly out the window at the dazzling blue sky.

Because of her deep resentment towards the duke, Lula does have a bitter feeling whenever she saw Aliciel suffered in loneliness.

(Just like that, the Duke abandoned you... I won't let it slide, just please... be happy my lady.)

***

Aliciel prepared herself for Valen's birthday celebration.

The maids had her wear a gorgeous and elegant white dress that reached her toes, which had been ordered a month before for the occasion.

With a delicate red ribbon with golden jewelry in the middle, they tied her hair in a side ponytail on the left side in which bring her charm even more.