15 | Birthday Celebration (4)

"One down."

Valen grinned as the assassin's body dropped from the balcony to the garden below.

The other assassin stepped back in caution then prepared his blade.

"Well, I'm going to wrap this up. After all, you're the only one left."

Valen readied himself for another battle after killing one of the two confidently.

They exchanged glances but remained in their same positions.

"By the way, it was Vilanc who sent—"

Valen had barely finished speaking when the assassin lunged with his sword.

"Hey, at least let me finish my sentence~"

Valen chuckled as he leapt backwards to evade the strike.

The assassin lunged again, his sword's tip aimed at Valen.

Valen deflected the strike with his own blade before counter-attacking.

"Huh!"

The assasin leapt to the side, narrowly evading the blade. The strikes became more intense until Valen realized he had reached his limit.

(Shit—)

The ferocious duel between them continued until Valen's sword was flung from his grip by a powerful swing of the assassin's sword.

Valen's brow twitched with dissatisfaction.

(Damn it!)

"It's over, Crown Prince!"

"You sure about that?"

It happened in the blink of an eye.

Valen silently closed the distance between himself and the assassin, placing his hand on the assassin's throat.

Just as Valen's own sword reached the floor.

"Playtime's over."

***

"Please guide me to the ballroom if you may."

"Of course, my lady."

Aliciel gave him a gentle smile, trying to keep her fear away as time passed.

Although she couldn't overlook the fact that the assassin had a deadly gaze visible in his eyes, he smiled back at her sweetly.

At that time, she remembered Valen's words-

["He won't kill you if you act vulnerable enough. Just kick him in the gut and stab his leg so he won't run away—"]

Aliciel's eyes were focused on the assassin's stomach.

She took a step closer to the assassin after finalizing her decision and instantly raised her leg, causing her dress to tear from the side.

She swing her leg strongly without much of a thought and kicked him in the gut.

The assassin was taken aback by Aliciel's unexpected action, which caused him to lower his guard, allowing Aliciel's aim to succeed.

"Ugh!"

He crouched over in pain, while Aliciel wasted no time in releasing the dagger from its scabbard and toppling over to stab the assassin's ankle.

The assassin's scream flourished down the quiet hallway, and blood began to fall to the floor as Aliciel released the grip, leaving the blade to remain to his ankle.

"Y-you bitch!"

(This is crazy!)

Aliciel's thoughts was clouded by panic, and she began to tremble once more. She forced herself to attack the assassin once again, raising her leg to land a strong kick to the head.