11 | Back Home

"The young ladies' final assignment is to embroider a handkerchief. You can embroider whatever you desire and present it to your brother, father, or fiancee."

The teacher explained while gazing around the classroom, particularly at the female students who nodded in agreement.

The more Aliciel reflected about the assignment given by the teachers after the class was dismissed, the more she sighed in boredom.

(Perhaps I should make it, show it to the teacher, and achieve a perfect score before discarding it.)

Aliciel rose up from her seat and took her book as she made her way to her dorm, contemplating on what she will embroider.

(I'll just make it simple. The crest of my family will suffice.)

It's been a few months, and Aliciel will be a second-year student soon after the long awaited holiday.

She was able to keep her distance from everyone, and as a result, she has no friends.

Considering Kian was no longer her mentor after their last encounter, they never saw each other again, and it appears that Aliciel is the one who is avoiding him.

It was the same with Valen, who was preoccupied with his election to the student council and his political dealings with the nobles.

She also didn't write Allen any meaningful letters, and always disregarded his letters in the first place.

Aliciel is more proud of the fact that she never ran into the Heroine, Nora Bright again after their first encounter.

***

Valen rested his chin on his palm and gazed at the aristocrats as he greeted them with a casual friendly smile, despite his expression being different from his thoughts.

(Now... What are they doing here?)

His eyes narrowed knowingly, indicating that he was aware of the situation that was about to occur.

(Though, I know what this is all about since they're easy to read.)

"Your highness, we all are aware that on your upcoming birthday celebration, you don't have a partner for you to escort. How about -"

Valen interrupted the nobleman's lines before he could even finish it.

"Oh dear, I truly appreciate about the fact that everyone here is thinking about me. However, I regret to inform you that I do not require a partner for my birthday celebration."

With a light, supportive atmosphere, he replied bluntly.

Valen is well aware that any partner he will escort to his upcoming birthday celebration will be viewed as the Crown Princess candidate, or in other words, his fiancee since he currently doesn't have one.

The nobleman's eyes widened in surprise, and sweat began to form on his brow as he realized that, despite Valen's welcoming demeanor, convincing him would be difficult.

The nobleman, however, refused to give up because he sees that as an opportunity to appoint his daughter as the next Empress.

"...How about giving my daughter a chance to be your partner, Your Highness? As you know, my daughter, Eclair Quentin, is a gifted young lady who attends the same academy as your highness."

Even though he was apprehensive about Valen's response, the nobleman gave his all to convince Valen.

Valen, on the other hand, had no intention of changing his mind, no matter how wonderful of a daughter she is.