13 | Birthday Celebration (2)

For a brief moment, Aliciel continued to stare at Vilanc. Vilanc's brilliant sapphire eyes, on the other hand, caught Aliciel's ruby eyes.

She was surprised for a short time before swiftly concealing her emotions. Vilanc smiled politely at her before returning his attention to the other nobles that surround him.

Aliciel's grip on her own dress tightened and she gulped, a feeling of uneasiness rising within her.

(That crazy scheming bastard...)

She took a step back and spun around, hoping to find a maid or butler who could lead her to a place to rest.

The memories of Vilanc being the most shady of all the characters sends shivers down her spine.

Despite being a capture target himself, she will not overlook the fact that he used to be the other villain, especially on Valen's route.

He took advantage of Nora, Valen's weakness, and nearly killed both Nora and Valen in the process.

(It's better if I don't speak to him at all.)

Aliciel caught a passing butler and halted him in his tracks.

"Excuse me, but I feel under the weather today. Is there a place for me to rest?"

Although the butler could still see the coldness in her gaze, she spoke politely, and he nodded his head swiftly.

"Yes, of course lady. Allow me to show you the way."

Allen approached Aliciel just as she was about to leave.

"Sister, where are you going?"

He asked, a concerned expression on his face in case something unpleasant happened to her.

Aliciel shifted her gaze to meet his.

"Are you feeling sick?"

Aliciel gave him a stern look and responded with a nod of her head.

"Yes. It seems that I'm sick of this place swarming with greedy beasts."

She whispered, audible enough for him to hear and widen his eyes at her response.

"Oh..."

Aliciel sighed since Allen couldn't think of anything further to say.

"I'll be resting for a moment. I'll come back the moment the crown prince arrives."

The celebration will not begin until the Emperor and Crown Prince are present.

"Don't concern yourself with me and return to your position."

Aliciel turned around and asked the butler to start guiding her to the resting place, which the butler responded with a nod and started to walk.

Aliciel followed him, leaving Allen alone since she didn't leave any room in her sentence for argument.

Allen gazed at Aliciel with a mix of sadness and distress in his eyes. Sometimes he would like to give up because it was impossible for her to share any affection for him.

Allen, on the other hand, continued to hope every day, every second of his life.

Waiting for the day Aliciel would glance his way with a warm gaze without any contempt.

***

Following the butler, Aliciel strolled along the palace's most magnificent corridor.

Suddenly, a maid came running up to both of them as she appeared frantic.