Chapter Fourteen: Love hurts

*Sonic Point of view*

I rubbed Shadow's cheek as he nuzzled into my chest, "It's ok." Shadow sniffled cutely, I'd never seen him like this and that made him adorable. Shadow purred softly as I moved from his cheek to rubbing behind his ear, his purr was so tiny and soft.

"Sonic, how'd you know I had a sister? I never told anyone?" Shadow asked wiping his eye. "This might sound crazy but I saw her and even talked to her." I mumbled. Shadow looked at me puzzled by what is just said, "Sonic you sound crazy..."

"You can call me whatever you want, but what I saw was real." I grinned. "How do you even know that?" Shadow grumbled. "She told me that your just like me, you never give up on what you want that easily." I grinned rubbing his ear more. Shadow's eyes widened lightly as if he remembered something.

"What is it?" I asked curious by his expression. "She used to tell me that I was-" I cut him off and finished his sentence. "Thick-Headed." I smiled. Shadow nodded, "Yeah but you should know that best." Shadow smirked. "Hm? Why is that?" I questioned him.

"Because you just felt my head~" He moaned in my ear. My face flushed as I thumped him on the head, "Pervert!" He chuckled and pulled me into his arms. The warm embrace made me feel happy, so I nuzzled into his cheek and purred softly into his ear. As I did I saw a familiar face behind Shadow, and it caused me to tear up.

"Hiya Sonic!" Said Shallow with a smile. "Asai." I grinned smiling to her. "He told you, didn't he?" Shallow smiled. I nodded, "Asai, why can't Shadow see you?" She looked up, and sighed heavily. "Because I'm not allowing him, right now I'm feeding off the memories you have of me, that's how you can see me." She mumbled.

"Cool. Shadow has tons of memories, you could definitely connect to his mind." I grinned. "No." She said plainly.

"What do you mean no? Don't you want to make your brother happy, seeing you would make that happen." I almost shouted at her. She flinched lightly, "Damn it Sonic you know Shadow would be beating himself in the head over my death if I did let him see me!"

I jumped at the shouting and looked at her with sadness, "Your right." Shallow.... Asai nodded and waved a goodbye before dissolving away in my mind. "Sonic! SONIC!" I heard someone yelling. I shook my head and looked up to a concerned Shadow, his hands quivering as he held me.

"What's wrong Shadow?" I laughed lightly. "Don't laugh at a time like this you blue idiot! I thought you died... You suddenly went silent and your eyes rolled to the back of your head..." Shadow rubbed my cheek flushed with anger and fear.

"Oh?" I tilted my head confused. "You didn't notice?!" Shadow yelled. I shook my head no and sweat dropped, "No."

"Is that a natural thing?..." Shadow mumbled. I looked off.... I couldn't tell him I had just talked to Asai. "Lately it has been." I grinned. Shadow shook his head, "Whatever, lets go for a walk." I nodded in agreement, we'd been cramped in the house since our 'event'.

I stood up feeling sticky in between my legs and blushed heavily, Shadow laughed standing up. "Shower first?" He asked. "Yeah." I grinned as Shadow took my hand leading me to the shower.

~~~~

After the shower Shadow and I walked throughout the park, laughing and talking. "Betcha I could get to that waterfall before you~." Shadow whispered in my ear. I shivered happily and looked at him with a smirk, "Your on." I cupped his face and placed my lips against his softly and ran off quickly.

Shadow was frozen slightly by my kiss, until he saw me running off. "Cheater!" He laughed speeding after me, looking back I was ready to brag. But to my shock I didn't see him.... "Shadow..?" A bit worried about my Shadow I stopped and looked around.

It was dead silent, and the silence scared me. "Shadow!?" I yelled looking about, no response. I started to sprint around looking for him, "Shad- Aghn!" I yelled as I felt something tackle me to the ground. A bit shocked by the actions my eyes went wide and my heart began to beat rapidly, I was scared.

"Gotcha, surprise." Shadow smiled showing his fangs. I kept quiet and continued shaking like a small puppy, my heart still racing. His smiling face turned into a concerned one, "Sonic? You ok?"

Shaking out of my fearful daze I frowned lightly. "What the heck Shadow, is that your idea of a pleasant surprise?" Shadow sighed but kissed my nose, "It's a bad habit." I purred at the small kiss, "It's ok, just don't do it again." I laughed and he picked me up bridal style.

"Lets go to the waterfall, it's nice and beautiful over there." Shadow cuddled me. My tail began to wag happily, "Ok." I nuzzled at his chest softly. I heard him purr back softly as he took me over by the waterfall, we were relatively close. He put me down right on the waters edge.

"Shadow I like to view the water but I think we're too close." I shivered, I hate water. "I love you so much Sonic, remember that." Shadow mumbled. "I always will Shadow." I smiled up at him. His face looked dark and distant, I hadn't seen that look in awhile.

"Shadow?..." I said stepping back. He grabbed my wrist forcefully and yanked me into his chest. He bit my neck leaving bite marks and then he threw me to the ground. "Shadow, stop that hurts!" I whined rubbing my wrists. Tears forming in my eyes, why was he doing this?

"Im sorry, so very sorry." Shadow said as he punched me, knocking me out cold. "Why..." I asked myself. Before I slipped into the dark nothingness.