Chapter Two: Shadow's downfall

I walked back to my house that I barely even use since I'm always out. I walked in and turned on the light, I sat on my couch and turned on the tv. In the middle of watching tv I scratched my butt. "Really itches don't it?" Said a mysterious voice. At first I just nodded my head but then I jumped up, and looked around. After I thought I was just my voice I returned to the couch and sat down. "What's up Sonic?" Asked Shallow. "Just watching.... Shallow!" I jumped up and moved away.

"What's wrong Sonic?" She giggled. "We'll maybe, because your in my house!!!!" I yelled as I calmed down. I sat back down on the couch and put my head in my palms. "Sonic have you ever considered being gay?" Asked Shallow as she crossed her legs. I jumped at the sudden question. "Gay.." I said quietly to myself. "Yep you know being kissy kissy all over boys and touching each other on your...." Said Shallow before I stopped her. "OKAY! I SEE YOUR POINT!" I said as I cut her off.

She smiled and waited for my answer. "No I don't and never will." I proclaimed. Shallow sighed. "Ok blue boy, but you will see the time when red/black and blue collide!" Said Shallow as she stood up to leave. I rolled my eyes and locked the door behind her. "Red/black and blue collide... what's that even mean?" I questioned before I walked to my room and went to bed.

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEE!" Buzzed the annoying alarm clock. I opened one of my eyes and banged the alarm, shutting it off in the progress. I sat up and looked at my calendar over my bed. "August 13th." I said laying my head back down, but then it hit me. "I'm meeting Amy and Tails in the park for his invention's test!" I hurriedly hopped out of bed and got ready. I was speeding all over my house getting everything ready. I finally was completely ready and I sped off to the park.

I made it to the park and saw Amy and Tails. Tails is a yellow two tailed fox with bright blue eyes. He's my little bro, I trust him with my life. Tails was putting wires to the side and cutting off extra metal. Next to him was Amy, she was putting the extra metal and wires in a box. Amy used to chase me around and constantly want me to marry her but she grew up and decided it were best that we be close friends instead. Ever since that day she has grown up and changed her outfit. She was now wearing a purple tank top with a pair of black shorts and purple flats. It was a simple outfit. She also grew her quills out, so now they stop below her shoulders.

In my opinion she looks great but like she said, where just friends. Tails looked over and saw me. "Hey Sonic, where just getting set up!" Said Tails as he waved me over. I walked over and looked at the machine, it looked like a really skinny missile. "Uhh what is this Tails?" I asked curiously. "Its a disrupter, basically it messes with technology in a certain rage." Explained Tails as he screwed the last bolt.

I nodded knowing that I was still a bit lost but I at least knew what we were working with. "Ok, lets try it out. Do you guys have your cellphones?" Asked Tails as he started up the machine. Amy and I nodded as we pulled out our phones, Tails smiled and turned the machine on. It made a popping noise, like the one you hear when you pop bubble wrap. "Ok Sonic try texting Amy." Said Tails as he adjusted the machine. I nodded and tried to text Amy, my phone wasn't even letting me tap my contacts. "No I can't Tails." I said shaking my phone a bit. Tails looked at Amy, she was shaking her phone a bit. "I'm out too Tails, it works then." Said Amy as she smiled.

Tails turned off the machine and cheered. "Alright!! It works!" He yelled. "What's it for?" I asked wondering why he would make a machine meant for messing with its own kind. "Well I noticed in our last battles with Dr.Eggman, he's sent out tons of his mechanical idiots." Explained Tails. Amy stopped smiling and put on a serious face. "So this could be an advantage in our fights with Eggman?" Asked Amy. "Yeah! It will be able to cast out the vocal and mechanical instructions Eggman give his drones." Stated Tails as he began packing up his invention.

Tails looked at Amy and I. "I will call you guys later when I have more detail on how to carry around this new device." Said Tails as he stumbled out of the park with his new invention. I looked over and saw Amy calling someone, she waved me goodbye and started to walk off. I waved at her deciding it was time to go for my daily run. I ran through beautiful crisp green trees and swaying dark green, the sun was setting so it wasn't that hot anymore. I finally took a break and stopped by a lake with a waterfall streaming into it. I stared deep into thought into my phone started buzzing. I picked it up and saw it was from Shadow.

"Shadow?" I asked quite confused. "No Sonic it's me Shallow, I'm using Shadow's phone to call you. Remind me to get your number later, but Shadow's in the ER." Shallow said in a sad but soft voice. "What?!" I yelled as I stood up. "I called the others, and they are here. I will explain when you get here. He's in Charleston hospital. " Stated Shallow as she hung up. I knew where Charleston was so I instantly sped off. Why I'm this worried, I don't even know.