Chapter Fifteen: Betrayal

I slowly opened my eyes and groaned out in slight pain. Taking a glance around to see where I was I noticed bars... bars of a cage. I was in that cage.... I stood and heard the jingle of chains that were restricting my hands and feet. Confused I tried to walk forward a bit but I was completely pulled back against the wall by the chains.

I winced in pain as I heard a laugh, it was so familiar that I was pissed. "Egghead." I mumbled lightly in anger. "Oh Sonic, this performance was grand don't you think?" Eggman yelled.

"Performance?...." I looked over to see Shadow smirking coldly at me. My heart sank when I saw it. "Yes it was all a scam, a fake, a play set up my the ingenuous Eggman!" He laughed manically. "N-no.." I mumbled tearing up.

"Did you really think I gave to damns about you, faker?" Shadow laughed. When the word faker hit my ears they twitched slightly and I growled. "You dick! Playing with my emotions like I was a toy! Telling me shit that wasn't even true! Asai deserved better! Shallow deserved a better brother than the low life dick she got!' I screamed at Shadow.

Shadow's eyes widened as if he were angered... no... hurt.... "You keep your mouth shut you weak faker! Don't talk about someone who you couldn't even understand!" Shadow yelled at me. My ears flattened softly, "I thought you loved me... your a liar..."

I turned and walked to the corner of my cell, hurt. Sad. Betrayed. Angered at the most. "Ho ho ho! Don't get too far Sonic! The fun will begin soon!" Eggman laughed as he walked off. "Keep an eye on him Shadow, he's a quick one. But... You already knew that." Eggman laughed and walked off as Shadow blushes madly.

I was cowering in the corner in anger and disappointment. My faith in shadow was ripped from me, the love I thought we possessed died when Shadow gave me that cold smirk.

"Sonic. Sonic!" I heard him calling out to me, but I just ignored him. I heard him unlocking the cage I was in and the door creeping open as he made his way in.

I huffed heavily and covered my eyes to prevent the pained tears from flowing. "Can't you tell when your being ignored, or when you've hurt someone? Im pretty sure you can't. Your just a cold hearted hedgie looking for thrills." I mumbled agitated by the steadily growing tears.

"Son-" He said before I cut him off. "You've reached the limit!" I said angrily before Shadow yanked my arm and forces me into a warm loving kiss. I struggled and tried to pull away but all he did was deepen it and force me to move closer, then before I knew it I was wrapping my arms around his neck and trying to properly position myself.

"I'm sorry, but it was all for a greater cause." Shadow grinned. "That being?" I asked curious. Shadow blushed softly and rubbed behind his head. "I'll tell you about it later, lets just get you out of here." Shadow smiled.

However I didn't and I guess he was surprised, "Sonic... you ok?" I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, but when we get out of here I don't ever want to see you again."

Shadow picked me up bridal style with worry in his eyes. "No I can't do that!" he said worriedly. "You used me... Shadow... used me... For all I know you'll do it again. And I'll be hurt." I started tearing up from the old tears I tried to hold back.

"I-it was for a great cause in the end." Shadow mumbled cutely. I just wanted to shove him away and run away, but for some reason my body wouldn't allow me to do anything but tremble in his grasp. Shadow's eyes gave me this loving but serious glare. "Sonic the hedgehog, I would never allow you to leave me." He mumbled lovingly.

Turning red I covered my face lightly, "I don't know wether to feel creeped out or extremely loved." Shadow sighed, "It doesn't matter how you feel about what I just said. Just know that your forever mine."

I felt a smile trying to appear on my face but I bit my lip so I wouldn't. "I see that smile~" Shadow smiled. I kept my pouty face like I was a small puppy, "Im not smiling."

Shadow laughed and picked me up speeding towards the exit, until we were stopped by what appeared to be Eggman's newest toy.

Shadows eyes widen in shocked and his grasp on me tightened. Eggman chuckled with a sly grin and leaned on his floating contraptions control panel. "So Shadow, make you move. I knew your loyalty to me was faded, so I had to bring out my surprise to keep you loyal!" Eggman yelled boasting.

I stared at the figure before me in pure awe.... It was Shallow. "Asai...." I mumbled to her. She blushed and rubbed her arm awkwardly as she looked off. "Im truly sorry, Shadow... Sonic..." She equipped herself with a strange long blade and got into a fighting stance. "Sorry. I really wish it didn't have to be this way. Our first time passing glances again." Shallow charged towards us and swing the kind dagger rapidly. Only seconds from some of them connecting.

Shadow kept his grip on me strong and dodged with all his night. "Face it Shadow! It's time to fight! You can't hide forever!" Eggman was clearly amused.