Chapter Eight: A present for him

Between Shadow being taken home and me thinking that I'm in the love with him, I didn't know what kind of day it would be. "Am I in love with him?" I asked myself as I walked down the sidewalk. I was heading for the mall so I could meet up with Rouge, Amy, and Tails. They were talking about getting Shadow a your getting better gift, what is that? If you ask me I think they're just using the fact that Shadow is healing , to get Tails and I to go shopping with them.

I finally came into eyesight with the mall and I sighed, how could I get this Shadow business off my back if I am shopping for a gift for him? I shrugged and pushed it a bit to the back of my mind as I walked up to Amy, Tails and Rouge. "Hey guys, sorry to kelp your waiting." I said as I waved. "Hey Sonic, something on your mind?" Asked Tails. I looked at him with a cocky smile. "Don't worry lil bro, I'm fine." I said proudly.

Even though I truly knew that I wasn't, millions of things were running through my mind like pictures. At the moment all I could think about was what Shallow said and how Shadow acted. "Sonic, come on now were going into the mall." Said Amy as she looked at me. I was still in a daze thinking about it all when I heard Rouge. "Come on blue boy, your holding us up!" Yelled Rouge as she grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the mall after them.

Once we were in the mall we started to walk down the center walkway looking for a store Shadow might like something from. After an about a hour of looking we sat down and took a break in front of a store called Glimmery Galore. "Man, gift shopping for Shadow is hard." Sighed Amy as she laid back a bit. "Yeah it is, we don't know much about Shadow, that's probably making it complex also." Shrugged Tails. "I only really know work Shadow, so I'm not sure on his likes and dislikes." Proclaimed Rouge.

I listened to them and looked in Glimmery Galore, in the store I saw Shallow with a pink bow on her head. "Guys, look." I said in a shaky voice. They stopped talking and turned their heads to Shallow. "Omg, it's the end of the world! Shallow's wearing pink!" Yelled Amy. "I wonder what's she doing?" Said Rouge sneakily, we already knew that meant Rouge wanted to know the whole story.

She stood up and sneakily flew over, she slid behind a plant and hid as she watched. She was very sneaky so she blended right in with the plant. "She's at it again." Sighed Amy. Tails and I both shook our heads but laughed, that's our Rouge alright.

~Rouge's point of view~

Shallow is my best gal pal, but I've never seen her even glance at anything pink. Well except Amy but she doesn't count, I listened in as good as I could. "I can't believe I'm wearing this." Sighed Shallow. "Don't worry Ms. Shallow, you look very beautiful. Lets just pick you out some matching clothes." Said a mysterious young voice. "Cream..." I whispered softly to myself. Just as I predicted Cream appeared with some pink clothing, Shallow winced a bit when she saw it.

"C-Cream, isn't that a bit to excessive?" Sweat dropped Shallow. "Not at all Ms. Shallow, my mother always says its a good idea to switch up your style." Explained Cream as she gave the pink pile of clothing to Shallow. Shallow panicked until there was a spark in her eyes, that meant she had an idea. "Yes your right Cream, but when was the last time you switched up your wardrobe?" Asked Shallow. Cream looked at her little dress. "Oh my, it has become awhile since I have." She said as she played with her usual orangish tan dress with the little tie.

Shallow quickly shot up and walked over to the clothes with Cream's size, she ran after Shallow. "This should be beautiful on you." Said Shallow as she picked up a glimmering red dress with red flats. Cream took the clothing and went into the dressing room, while she did Shallow quickly took of the pink bow and placed it with the others. Cream came back out with her ruby red dress that stopped at her knees, she also had the red flats on as she spun around. The dress flew out around her as she did, Cream had a smile on her face.

"It makes me look like a red rose." She giggled softly. Shallow smiled, and nodded. "So you going to buy?" Asked Shallow as she fixed her hair from where the bow was. "Of course I am!" Said Cream happily as she ran back and changes into her own clothing. She came back out and went to the cashier, she put the clothing on the desk and pulled out her money and paid. "Wait, what about you Ms.Shallow?" Asked Cream as she held the bag of clothing. "Don't worry, I will buy something another day." Laughed Shallow. They began to walk out until I flew out of the plant, I gracefully landed in front of them.

"Hey Shallow I just so happened to be stopping by and I noticed you here, were gift hunting for Shadow and need your help." I said as I quickly pulled her to where Sonic, Amy, and Tails. "Oh, ok." Said Shallow in shock. "Hey guys." Said Shallow. Cream ran to catch up to us and when she did she waved. "Hey guys, I'm pretty sure Rouge told you what were doing so do you have any ideas?" Asked Tails. "Well I would suggest you give him either a gun or Sonic wrapped in a bow." Said Shallow.

Just as she said that I looked at Sonic, I had a devil look on my face. Sonic sweat dropped and smiled awkwardly. "What's with the face Rouge?" He asked. I got up and walked over to Sonic, I could tell that Amy and Tails were thinking the same thing. Amy pulled a bow and lunged at Sonic, Tails and I pinned him down. "Guys why can't we get him a gun?" Said Sonic as he struggled. "Have you seen Shadow's gun collection? If their were a zombie takeover, he would be the only one that lived!" I shouted.

"There!" Said Amy as she stood up from tying up Sonic. Tails and I stopped pinning Sonic down and I nodded my head in approval. Sonic squirmed a bit and Shallow picked him up, We walked out with tons of people staring at us. However we didn't care, at least we got Shadow a present. After we left the mall we headed straight for Shadow and Shallow's house, we didn't have to knock our anything we just opened the door. Their house had like green walls and a peppermint designed floor with the same green and added in white. "This place reminds me of candy." Said Cream as she touched the floor. Shallow giggled lightly and put tied up Sonic on the couch.

"Shadow, we got a gift for you!" I yelled. After I yelled I heard footsteps getting closer and closer to us. The footsteps stopped when Shadow appeared in front of us. "A present for what?" He asked calmly. "Just for getting better Mr.Shadow." Said Cream happily. Shadow walked over to the couch and saw Sonic tied up and squirming. He began laughing and I saw Sonic turn a bit red, I smiled myself. "What am I going to do with Faker here?" He asked still laughing lightly.

"Whatever you like he's yours!" Smiled Amy. Sonic shot Amy a I freaking hate you right now glare and she laughed. "Well we should be on our way, enjoy your gift Shad!" I said as I pushed them all out the door and left with them, closing the door behind me. I knew from a little bit of snooping that Shadow and Sonic had something cute going on, I wanted them to take it to the next level.

"Love is a strange and wonderful thing....." I whispered to myself.