Chapter Seven: Not his caretaker

Now it's been a whole weak that I've been stuck with Shadow and it's gotta better, kinda. He listens to me and eats what I cook but now he's very touchy, very touchy, the way those words ring in my head. I shook my head and went to check on Shadow, he was laying on the couch asleep. I smiled, I was glad that he was finally relaxed and at rest. I walked over to him and felt his forehead to make sure he wasn't getting to hot. "His temperature seems fine." I said happily.

I moving away until I felt something grab my wrist and jerk me backwards. I fell backwards and landed next to Shadow, he was holding me close to him. "Shadow, I thought you were sleep!" I said with a blush on my muzzle. "I was but your hand woke me up." He said dully as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I tried pushing him off a bit but he wasn't moving. "Now your going to have to help me sleep again." He stated as he laid his head on my chest.

He slowly started to drift to sleep as his breathing slowed down and his heart became a slow and steady pace. After he feel asleep I tried to move but he tightened his grip and pulled me closer. I didn't want to wake him up so I just decided to go to sleep too, but just as I was about to someone knocked on the door.

"It's open." I said in a loud enough voice for the person knocking to here but not loud enough to wake Shadow. The person opened the door and waked in. "Awww Sonic, you two look adorable." Said Shallow. I rolled my eyes. "I woke him up so he's using me as a pillow." I said matter of factly. She smiled in a understanding manner. "Well blue blur, how's he doing?" She asked hopefully.

"He's actually doing a lot better, he might be ready to to take care of himself now." I explained as I looked down at him. Shallow smiled and walked over to Shadow, she rubbed his ear softly and it twitched a bit but he didn't wake up. "I'm glad he got this time off, being injured is the only way he will stop working." Sighed Shallow. "I know what you mean, but I'm going to kinda miss taking care of him." I said softly. "Yep and for a guy that's so cocky and full of himself, you were a good caretaker." She laughed a bit. "Yeah, I got it all from my mom. I would watch her take care of hurt or sick people." I said with a smile.

Shallow nodded. "I'm off for a bit so I can take him home now." She said as she looked down at him. "Ok, let's wake him up." I stated as I shook him. Shallow also chimed in and shook him. "Five more minutes." He mumbled as he rolled on top of me. "Shallow, get him off!" I yelled with a blush on my face. Shallow pulled Shadow and he fell off the couch but so did I, I landed right on his lap and he woke up. We stared each other in the eyes for a couple of seconds before we started to push away. "Well that was interesting." Said Shallow with wide eyes.

Shadow looked at us with a confused expression. "What happened." He asked as he stood. "Ok so I was trying to come and pick you up by you were sleeping on Sonic so I tried to wake you up, then you guys got into some very awkward positions." Explained Shallow as she walked over and helped me up. "So I'm leaving right?" Asked Shadow. I nodded and smiled. Shadow sighed sadly but smirked. "Thanks Faker." He said as he walked towards Shallow.

When the word faker hit me I felt very hurt, is that all I was to him. "That's all I am right?" I said quietly. Shadow just looked towards me, he was confused. "What?" He asked in a confused voice. "Just leave, it doesn't matter!" I said angrily. Shallow looked at me softly and suddenly I knew what she meant by when red/black and blue collide. I just wish it wasn't true.