Chapter Eight: The "L" word?

Sonic's point of view

I laid squirming on the couch as Shadow looked at me, he looked confused but. "Why did they try you up?" He asked as he helped me get out of the bow. "They thought I would be a good gift." I said with a small growl, I'm plotting my revenge right now. "Well you are a good gift, it was cute and gave me a laugh." Said Shadow. When he said that it was cute it somehow lit a fuse in my head.

"What do you mean it was cute, was the gift thing cute or me? I want you to mean it when he calm me cute, no I don't want you to think I'm just cute.... I want more." I said as I looked up to him. Shadow looked at me with soft eyes, I had never really seen him do that. "I'm sorry, but I don't know what you want from me Sonic?" Said Shadow. I thought about how I wanted to go about it, but whichever way I chose... it would lead to me saying the "L" word.

"I want you to...." I whispered as I played with my fingers. Shadow titles his head. "Come on Sonic, just tell me." He said. "I want you to l-l...." I struggled. Shadow waved his hand to tell me to continue. "I want you to l-love me." I said with a red face. Shadow also turned red but he pulled me closer to him and hugged me softly. I pulled out of the hug and smiled, I was happy that he was so accepting of my feelings.

I laid my head on his lap and he rubbed my head gently. "Shadow, do you love me?" I asked without thinking. "Sonic, you know as we'll as I do that what you just asked me is a hard question." Proclaimed Shadow. I pouted and moved away from him, I gave him an answer and you know how thick headed I am. "Sonic, come on don't be like that." Sulked Shadow.

"I gave you an answer, so why can't you give me one." I said with an attitude. "Fine, Sonic the hedgehog. I love you." Said Shadow as he smirked. I nodded my head with approval, I'm terrible with my emotions so if I admit he surely could as well. "I guess spending time taking care of you made me realize that." I said as I smiled. Shadow looked up to the ceiling and laughed. "Yeah, I guess that's when I realized too." He said.

"Also are you feeling...." I asked until I was interrupted by Rouge bursting through the door with everyone else behind her. "The confessions!" She yelled as she pointed towards us. I jumped a bit and Rouge flew over and hugged me. "So are you guys hooking up or is this under the belt. "It's too late for it to be under the belt now Rouge." Sighed Amy as she shook her head. "Yeah, we all know now that Mr. Sonic and Mr. Shadow are in t love. It's very sweet, gender doesn't matter anyway." Proclaimed Cream as she smiled at us. "Sorry to barge in on you guys like his but when I heard the I love you from the both of you, I just had to come and congratulate the new couple!" Said Rouge proudly.

I sighed a bit and looked at Shadow, he still had a look that said "Why were you even listening to us?" "So is it official?" Asked Shallow. "Sure." Said Shadow as he looked over to me. I nodded my head happily, this was a new start for not only me and Shadow..... but for the whole group.