chapter four

Ryland's POV

Ryland's POV

"Shut up."

Tommy had been blabbering for 10 minutes straight about God knows what, and I am ten seconds away from stabbing him with this dumbass 'spork' the school provides for an 'enchanting eating experience'.

"That's offensive to me and my fragile thoughts." He responds, putting a hand on his heart in faux hurt.

"More like fragile ego." I roll my eyes, scanning the lunchroom for a familiar mop of blonde hair.

Seeing her, my eyes settle on the side of her face, and I lose regard for any prior annoyance. Actually, I lose regard for anything except her.

Lizzie.

She's got her wavy hair falling at her sides, covering a bit of the top of her baggy green cardigan. Black jeans and converse underneath, it's simple, but she's still so...

pretty.

Turning her head to face that one boy, Sam, I see something new on her I didn't expect.

A tiny red bump is on the right side of her forehead, and although she pets it affectionately, my mind automatically wanders to the worst place.

Did something happen? Did someone hurt her?

"Lookin' at your girlfriend?" I hear Tommy cut through my thoughts and sigh, annoyed.

"Shut the fuck up." I grumble out, still thinking about her injury.

I wonder if she's okay.

"Why's she got a bump on her head?" Theo asks, coming to sit down at our table.

Immediately the other boys whip their heads' around after sitting down themselves, making it blatantly obvious exactly who they were looking at.

"Lizzie?"

"Where even is she?"

"Literally right there bozo."

"Shut up."

"I don't see the bump?"

"Wait- wait she's turning."

"Ohh." Tommy, Ezra, and Will all collectively say, finally seeing "the bump".

"Oh yeah, that's from the park yesterday." Will states.

How the fuck does he know?

I see him looking over at me before trying to stab the solid, gunky meatloaf with his blob of plastic this hellhole calls a utensil.

"The park?" I question, waiting for him to reveal his knowledge.

"Mhm, watched the poor girl run smack into a tree." He chuckles, furiously stabbing at the "meatloaf" that had to be made of rocks.

Someone needs to cut down that tree.

"Go check up on your boo-bae." Tommy nudges me with a wink and I slap him upside the head, groaning and running my hands through my hair.

I've loved Lizzie for years. It took from 6th grade until Freshman year to realize it, but once I did, I've never stopped.

However, I'm content with loving her without receiving anything back. I won't be able to treat her right, and I would rather suffer without her than make her suffer with me.

I'm okay with feeling how I do from a distance.

For now.

AN: hola mi amigos

AN: hola mi amigos

How'd you like the chapter? this will probably be the last short one. the rest of them should be much longer. hope you readers are good with that :))

CHAPTER FOUR LETS GOO

excuse my college frat boy-ness. please forgive me.

me getting on my knees for you: 🧎🏽‍♀️

oh 😏

Hope to see everyone in the next chapter, but if not, thank you for reading this one !!

much lovee :D

- riti <3