chapter twelve

Ryland's POV

Ryland's POV

"I just feel like pigeons are so overrated. Birds in general, actually. Like, yeah, they can fly, but so did the Wright Brothers for a solid twelve seconds. What makes them all that special?"

Tommy goes on a rant about birds at least twice a month. He's insistent that he hates them for their characteristics, but Lennon and I figured out how afraid of them he was pretty early on.

"Maybe I'll shove one up your ass and you can figure out, yeah?" I suggest, rolling my eyes and playing with a ring on my finger.

"Don't curse me with your negativity; it's bad for the baby." He answers, rubbing his stomach.

"What baby?" Lennon sits in the seat beside Tommy, petting his stomach when he makes wild gesticulations towards it.

"Don't entertain it." I grumble to her, still sliding the cool metal against the skin of my index finger.

"He's harassing me." Tommy announces dramatically, falling on Lennon's shoulder with a mock faint.

Fucking idiot.

"I told him I'd shove a bird up his ass." I explain, shaking my head. "Just offering him opportunities."

"You're on about birds again?" Lennon sighs, slapping his head lightly.

"They're obnoxious bitches." Tommy restates for the millionth time, moving to sit up straight before freezing in place.

A slow smile draws up on his face as he turns to Lennon. A similar expression dances across her's, but obviously, being the only sane one here, I ignore America's Greatest dynamic duo.

Note the sarcasm.

Tommy claps his hands together, a suspicious glimmer in his eyes that looks somewhere behind me.

"Oh, hey Lizzie. Why don't you join us?" He exclaims with strong enthusiasm, motioning to the seat next to me.

"Yeah, please, sit down." Lennon says in a more gentle tone, but the smile is still evident in her voice.

I roll my eyes for the hundredth time, not even bothering to turn around. "Ha ha, very funny."

Lennon and Tommy had pulled the trick of using Lizzie's imaginary presence to get a reaction out of me for years and laughed like giddy schoolgirls when my desperate, star-struck ass would fall for it.

To my surprise, however, a figure in my periphery actually sits down, and a flash of blonde hair has my heart racing almost immediately,

What the actual shit.

"Hi." I turn to see Lizzie do a little awkward wave at the two of them, who were still smiling like idiots.

She flashes them a smile as my eyes widen, taking in her full figure.