chapter five

Lizzie's POV

Lizzie's POV

I slide through the kitchen with my fuzzy socks, zoom zoom zooming to a stop in front of the counters.

I'm a literal superhero.

Anyone who says DC over Marvel is a coo coo bananas crazy bird.

I do a little twirl with music blasting from my phone, grabbing a fistful of popcorn and stuffing it in my mouth. Five minutes later, I'm throwing popcorn up in the air and catching it back in my mouth, further proving just how talented a superhero I am.

If I had a hero name it'd be Madam Munchkins.

I jump along to the Hamilton soundtrack, singing along in my beautiful singing voice sent from the Gods above.

"Well this is quite the party."

Oh my Patrick Stars.

"Hey Pops." I smile up at him, rushing to turn off the music and coming over to hug him.

He holds me in his comforting arms. Pops is the definition of a grandpa. He wears sweater vests, reads newspapers, and smells like an old library. On top of that, he gives the best hugs.

Pops became my legal guardian when I was seven. He helped me have a normal childhood after Dad. He was there for me like any parent could be since that day, and I love him for it.

"How was your day?" He asks as I pull away, offering him the popcorn bag which he refused.

Shrugging, I tossed more popcorn into my mouth..

"It was good. Okay. Good. Eh, it was alright. How was yours?"

"Wonderful, actually. I brought something for you." A twinkle in his eye gets me even more excited.

He leaves to get whatever it is and I follow him out, waiting in the living room.

Pops' house is very grandfatherly too. Tan walls, old bookshelves, a weird couch in the living room. Everything screams "I'm an old man but it's cool".

That is so fetch.

Pops walks back in with a warm smile, placing a stack of papers in front of me. Sorting through the sheets I see diverse patterns across each one.

Kiwis, bears, flowers and more catch my eye as I glance at each page, too excited to stay on just one for too long.

Origami paper.

I formed a random obsession with origami in third grade and never grew out of it. I learned how to make everything possible. From bunnies to flowers to Suns, I learned it all.

The only problem was the hoard of them I had in my closet because I had nothing to do with them after making the mini masterpieces.

Now, I just give them to people, so it's really not an issue.