Chapter Two.

"(Y/n), let's go!"

"I'm coming! I just need to grab— There it is," (Y/n) murmured. She slid the containers and boxes of snacks she was providing for her after school clubs and flew to the entryway and got on her shoes, buckling her platform Mary Janes. (Y/n) had chosen to wore a grey vest rather than a green vest or cardigan. She had partially tucked said cardigan into her shirt and decided against wearing a jacket for now, but that didn't stop her from grabbing one.

"Short ass," Seo-yun jeered. Soon-woo hit him upside the head as (Y/n) locked their door and twirled her key ring around her finger. Her key ring had lots of key chains other than just her keys: She had a matching butterfly keychain with Nam-Ra, two beaded name tags of both her first and last name, and, her favourite additions, BLACKPINK keychains.

"Be nice, asshole," Soon-woo said coolly. "You know how she gets."
(Y/n) frowned at him, but she couldn't deny that she got real snarky when she was either in a bad mood or panicked. As the three came to the streets, they slid up their masks for, even without a certain virus, the air was not breathable in their specific area.
(Y/n) walked ahead of the two and pressed the elevator button. The three always left early under the chance that there would be a delay in the train they needed to catch. They all also had morning club activities to attend to and, therefore, couldn't risk being late or getting demerits.

(Y/n) soon stowed her jacket away in the canvas bag she brought as they entered the train station. She took a claw clip from her bag and pinned her hair up.
"Put my jumper in there, won't you?" Seo-yun requested. (Y/n) obliged, for she took pity on him due to him carrying Soon-woo's bag.

"Mine too?" Soon-woo requested.

"Fine," (Y/n) laughed, accepting his.

"I just don't think I'll need it," Soon-woo shrugged.

"Remember when (Y/n) almost got expelled for her hair?" Seo-yun grinned. "And they had her straighten it every day?"

"And Mom threatened to take the school to court for damaging her hair?" Soon-woo laughed.

"That was so embarrassing," (Y/n) groaned.

"What's embarrassing is having a twelve-year-old straightening her curly hair for two whole years before anything was done about it," Soon-woo said coolly.

"What's even more embarrassing is how much Mom worshipped her precious little angel," Seo-yun teased. "'My daughter can do no wrong!'" (Y/n) smiled warily.

"She can get extreme, can't she?" (Y/n) agreed.

"Hey! Seo-yun!" called a voice. Glancing behind them, Lee Su-hyeok, one of (Y/n)'s classmates and one of Seo-Yun's friends ((Y/n) had no idea how they met), jogged up to the three.

"Hey," Seo-yun greeted, high-fiving and then fist-bumping Su-hyeok. Soon-woo ushered (Y/n) forward, sending the pair a stern look before hopping onto the train with (Y/n). (Y/n) anxiously used Soon-woo as a barrier during the short train ride, for they only needed to get to the next stop. They and several other students filed off and rushed for Hyosan High.

"You have ice skating after school, right?" Soon-woo asked as he and (Y/n) walked ahead of Seo-yun and Su-hyeok.

"I haven't had ice skating for a year," (Y/n) frowned. Soon-woo's eyebrows furrowed.

"Ballet?"

"Same answer."

"What sport do you have then?"

"Fencing," (Y/n) smiled. Soon-woo didn't reply right away.

"Do you even like it?"

"Why wouldn't I?"