Chapter Nine.

"Done yet?" Gyeong-su snarled at Na-yeon. "I said, are you done with me now?"

"Wait— this means the computer's gone," said Joon-yeong. "No internet..."

"Couldn't you have thrown something else instead of the computer?" Dae-su frowned.

"What was I supposed to do?" Gyeong-su huffed. "It was trying to get in."

"No, you did good," Dae-su said. "Thank you. Don't be mad."

"Hey, Na-Yeon," Dae-su said. "Look, say sorry. End this."

"Why should I?" Na-yeon challenged. (Y/n) rolled her eyes, opting to start cleaning up the glass whilst the others bickered.

"He did it to save us all," Dae-su scoffed. "Why can't you just say that you're sorry?"

"Because I'm not sorry!" Na-yeon said. "I saw everything! I saw the creature grab you! I'm right. He could be infected."

"Na-Yeon, enough," Miss Park interjected.

"It really did!" Na-yeon exclaimed. "That thing grabbed his hand!"

"Wait, can touching his hand infect him?" Cheong-san asked.

"I have no idea but maybe," Na-yeon said.

"I held I-sak's hand when she fell," On-jo said. "Why is nothing happening to me?"

"Because he has a cut on his hand," Na-yeon said simply. "And since there's an open wound, it's probably going to be different."

"That's fucking—" Gyeong-su tried walking forward but Cheong-san and Su-hyeok held him back.

"Don't."

"Stop blaming me!" Na-yeon said. "Why don't you just think for yourselves?"

"Na-Yeon," said Cheong-san, "I know you always hated Gyeong-su, but I think you're really crossing the line here. This is about life and death.

"She's always like this," Ji-min scoffed.

"If it weren't for him, we would definitely all be dead right now," Su-hyeok defended.

"And now he might be the one killing all of us," Na-yeon said.

"Now you're the one who's killing me," Wu-jin said coolly.

"Just shut up, Na-yeon."

"Look at my hand, I'm totally fine," Gyeong-su said. "Don't you see that?"

"Hey, that's enough, all of you!" Miss Park shouted. "Okay? We're ending this."

"Miss Park—"

"Enough," Miss Park firmly told Na-yeon, pointing at her.

"But she—"

"No," Miss Park pointed at Gyeong-su. The room fell silent and Miss Park sighed, thinking about what to do to satisfy everyone. "Let's do this," she said, taking a step towards Gyeong-su. "Gyeong-su, you're going to wait in the recording room for ten minutes," she said. "I know it'll be hard, but at least it's better than people thinking you're infected."

"No one else thinks that I'm infected," Gyeong-su murmured. "It's only her."

"Gyeong-su, would you please do it?" Miss Park requested.

"Fuck ten," Gyeong-su huffed. "I'll do half— I'll just do a full hour."

"There's really no point doing an hour since it takes less than five minutes," said Cheong-san. "Stop overreacting."

"It's just to be sure," Gyeong-su huffed.

"Is that enough?" Miss Park asked Na-yeon rather sarcastically. "And if nothing happens, you'll apologize, right?" Na-yeon gave a long pause.