Chapter Thirty-Three.

(Y/n) accepted the breakfast Ha-ri was passing back to each of them. (Y/n) held a small knitted otter on her lap. Upon getting her own breakfast, Ha-ri joined them on the concrete benches. They silently watched the soldiers until they finally walked away. The girls were in the last cell in the row. Mi-jin got up to see how far the guards had gone and then she sent the girls a thumbs up. They opened their food containers, their cold expressions dropping as they ate. Just as they had done for breakfast, they stacked their empty containers and placed them by the door.

"Mr. Detective Man, how long are we supposed to stay in quarantine for?" (Y/n) asked into her radio.

"They're thinking a minimum of four weeks," Jae-il answered. "Have you kids gotten tested?"

"For Covid?"

"For the Jonas Virus."

"What's that?"

"The official name of what caused the outbreak."

"I think the boys were tested yesterday, then. But why would any of us need to be tested?" (Y/n) asked. "We would've turned by now."

"They don't know that," Jae-il sighed, "even if we do... Just cooperate, please? I heard someone got hit over not cooperating..."

"They won't hit us," (Y/n) said confidently. "We're kids and girls."

"I'm serious, (Y/n)," Jae-il said sternly.

"Fine, fine," (Y/n) sighed. She put away the radio and took to finishing her water. On-jo and Hyo-ryung were still finishing the last of their breakfast.

The boys looked up as a group of soldiers walked past their cell. The only place they could be going was the girls' cell. Dae-su, Su-hyeok, and Gyeong-su flew to their feet and went to the cell door and the barred window to look out. Joon-yeong and Wu-jin stopped eating and followed suit.

"Don't tell them what to do," Mi-jin had snapped at one of the guards. 

"We have a lot more tests to get through, kid. Don't think you're the priority here. You don't set the rules."

"It's fine, Mi-jin," Hyo-ryung said quietly. "I was done anyway." She added her tray to the pile and On-jo took a few more bites, as to not waste anything, and added her container to the pile. Much to the boys' panic, the girls' cell fell silent.

"What're those for?" Mi-jin finally asked.

"Transporting you to the testing rooms," answered one of the soldiers.

"We're not fucking animals. We don't need to be tied up," Mi-jin scoffed.

"The sooner you cooperate, the sooner we'll be out of your hair."

"You're treating us like animals— Get off her!" Mi-jin shouted. (Y/n) squeaked as Mi-jin pulled her back. There was some murmuring that the boys couldn't hear but there came five shrieks.

"Stop! Stop it!" Ha-ri cried. Her hands had already been zip-tied together and she had been brought out of the cell. "Stop it! Stop, please! Get off! Get off! Stop hitting them!"
The boys grew furious and joined in on Ha-ri's shouting and some 'they're kids!' were thrown by some other people in various cells. The shrieks from the girls died down to whimpers and Ha-ri glared furiously at the guards, still tugging against her restraints. While the younger girls (and Ha-ri) got their hands bound in front of them, Mi-jin got hers bound behind her. They were forced into a single file, a guard to their left, by age. (Y/n) was in front, then On-Jo, then Hyo-Ryung, then Mi-Jin, and Ha-Ri rounded them off, being the oldest of the group. The boys tried stopping them to check on them, but the guards were practically dragging them. They were able to catch sight of a red mark on (Y/n)'s face and she was trying to hold her side which was difficult with her bound hands; On-jo had a grimace and had red marks where she must have been using her arms as a defence; Hyo-ryung sobbed and was also trying to touch her side; Mi-jin looked the worst with a busted lip and red marks on her face and arms though she didn't look sorry. Ha-ri kicked the lower part of Mi-Jin's leg.