Chapter Thirty-Two.

There was a sudden movement in the smoke. One zombie and then two more. Then another two and then four. Su-hyeok ran forward and knocked the leading zombie down. Dae-su sprang forward and started beating said zombie. Su-hyeok was soon overpowered by multiple zombies and was forced to drop his shovel and flip the zombies over him. The others took on what they could. As Dae-su held one of the zombies against a garage, another came and tackled him.
Wu-jin used a plastic lid to hold back a zombie before he started hitting it. Once the zombie was back on its feet, Wu-jin was forced against an ice chest. On-jo started hitting the same zombie as hard as she could. Ha-ri knocked back a zombie with her shovel, preventing Mi-jin from getting tackled, though another one had come and tackled Mi-jin anyway. Nam-ra was swinging around the zombies with the boost in strength she had. (Y/n) came and chi-blocked the zombie that On-jo and Wu-jin were facing.
Ha-ri abandoned her shovel and fell to the ground, pulling back the zombie on Mi-jin by its leg. Once getting it off, Ha-ri knocked the zombie in its head and Mi-jin stuck her stake through the zombie's neck. Nam-ra had turned to breaking the zombies' necks rather than merely knocking them to the ground. The zombie (Y/n) had chi-blocked was soon on its feet and Wu-jin seized it, hitting it with his mallet. On-jo hit a different zombie away from her and quickly ran away, tripping over some things by the garden store. She used a metal gate to hold back the zombie and Hyo-ryung hit the zombie with her wrench until On-jo kicked back the metal gate and forced the zombie back as well.
Dae-su kicked the zombie that had tackled him off, though he was immediately tackled by another. Joon-yeong, finally noticing this, came to his aid. The other zombie found its new target to be Su-hyeok, who was knocked down and used a shovel to hold back the zombie. Nam-ra threw a sign at the zombie, knocking it back, and alarming Su-hyeok. She picked up the shovel and used the side of it to hit a zombie in its neck. Dae-su held the zombie against the garage and backed up enough for Joon-yeong to it down. Dae-su went for the neck as he hit the zombie with the shovel.
Ha-ri kicked a zombie off of her and whilst it was down, Mi-jin pierced it through the neck with her stake. (Y/n) roundhouse kicked a zombie and threw the plastic lid of a bin at Ha-Ri, still holding the zombie down with her foot on its chest. Ha-ri used the lid to block a zombie that had tackled her. She pushed off the ground and pushed the zombie back with the shield before holding it down with the lid to its chest, grunting as the zombie struggled against her hold.

"Ha-ri!" Wu-jin bellowed, running to his sister's aid. He held back the zombie's hands from grabbing her and potentially pulling her down to bite. Mi-jin yanked her stake out of another zombie and pierced the zombie's neck. It squirmed on the ground. "You're such a liar!" Wu-jin shouted at Ha-ri as the two of them held down the zombie until it stopped moving. "You came to school because you failed the preliminaries or else you'd be at the tournament! If you lost, you should have gone home, why did you come to the damn school?.. That felt nice to get off my chest," Wu-jin hummed, pulling back from the zombie and taking Ha-ri with him.

"I'm sorry," Ha-ri said shortly, looking around at the others and the zombies.

"Keep doing archery, okay?" Wu-jin said softly. Ha-ri smiled weakly and nodded her head.

"No bites?" (Y/n) asked, brushing her hair out of her face.

"No bites," Ha-ri answered. Nam-ra looked back over her shoulder.

"More are coming. Let's go. There won't be any that way. If we run now, we're going to make it. We should have enough time."

The group of eleven was able to keep a running pace for a while before they needed to slow down to a jog and catch their breath. (Y/n) looked back, making sure Nam-ra was still behind On-jo and her. She looked forward again.
Nam-ra momentarily picked up her pace and reached out to take Dae-su's arm. She was able to stop herself and stopped walking entirely. She ran to the nearest wall and sobbed before slamming her head repeatedly into it. She bit her arm and sighed in somewhat of a relief. She sunk to the floor, leaning against the building.