Chapter Twenty-Six.

The group walked quickly out of the school and ducked down behind a hedge of potted plants. Cheong-san peeked out to see if their coast was clear.

"I'll lure that zombie and go over that way," Cheong-san whispered to On-jo. "Then you run." On-jo instantly shook her head.

"No way," she said simply.

"I'll lure that zombie over and you can—" On-jo raised her fist to hit him.

"We'll go right along the wall here and cross over there," On-jo said. Cheong-san turned and made ready to lure the zombie but On-jo grabbed his hand, staring pleadingly at him.

"Get down. Quiet," Gyeong-su hissed at Dae-su, who risked peeking his head up to see the zombies.

"Hey, stay low," Hyo-ryung told Ji-min. Cheong-san leaned forward to address the others.

"We have to go along the wall," Cheong-san whispered to Joon-yeong.

"Okay," Joon-yeong whispered, leaning over Wu-jin to whisper to the others. "Go along the wall over there," he said.

"Why?" Dae-su asked.

"Back there?" Ji-min asked. Cheong-san and On-jo crept over to the others and jumped over the small ledge. Sticking with their buddies, the others followed. They stayed crouched to the ground as they ran, using the bushes as covers.
They reached a bunch of fallen beams that seemed to have fallen from a truck and crouched behind the truck, thinking about their next course.

"Dae-su," Gyeong-su hissed as Dae-su rushed over to Cheong-san, leaving behind the other two. Exasperation washed over (Y/n) and Gyeong-su as they stared after Dae-su.

"I'll go first," Dae-su whispered. He crawled under the truck and Wu-Jin and Joon-yeong followed his lead. Cheong-san rose to his knees and peeked over the truck, making sure they wouldn't be in immediate danger. To the confusion of the others, he rose to his feet, staring over the truck.

"Is that you, Mom?" he asked. Zombie snarls met his ear and he stared, brokenhearted, at the shell of his mom. "Mom." Cheong-san started to crawl over the truck.

"Cheong-san, no!" On-jo gasped, seizing Cheong-san's leg and pulling him back.

"Ah, shit," Dae-su mumbled, crawling out from under the truck and dropping his pipe. He cried out and dropped his pipe with a loud clatter and quickly flew out of the zombie's reach after grabbing the pipe. On-jo stood up to see what the problem was. Dae-su held back Cheong-san's mom with a pipe. He soon pushed Cheong-san's mom against the truck and kicked her to the floor. "There's another zombie here!" Dae-su panted.
Cheong-san slowly forced himself up onto his feet, holding onto the bed of the truck as he watched Dae-su hit his mom with a pipe.

"Dae-su!" Joon-Yeong cried, getting up and coming to his friend's aid.

"Stop it," Cheong-san whispered. His mom crawled towards Dae-su, who had tripped, and Joon-yeong pulled her back. After getting to his feet, Dae-su returned to hitting her with a pipe. "I said, stop that!" Cheong-san shouted, climbing onto the bed of the truck and rushing to his mom's aid. On-jo watched, frowning, as Cheong-san pushed his friends away. He straddled Dae-su and started punching him. Gyeong-su quickly climbed over the truck of the bed.

"Cheong-san, what the hell?" Joon-yeong cried, panicking.

"You son of a bitch!" Cheong-san shouted. Dae-su flung Cheong-san off of him as Wu-jin and Joon-yeong continued hitting Cheong-san's mom.

"Stop it!" Cheong-san shouted. Gyeong-su pinned his arms to his side, though he thrashed violently. Su-hyeok slid over the truck's bed and helped Gyeong-su. The girls quickly followed, walking around the truck. "Get the fuck off of me!" On-jo had caught Cheong-san's forearm.