Chapter 4- Uh Oh

SCREEECH

THUMP

Echo's eyes shot open groaning in pain. He then noticed the other two doing the same.
'The hell?' He thought, 'are we here?'
Eeeeaart
The truck door opened, making the three wolves watch to see who is waiting to take them.... Well.. wherever they're going.
The man on the opposite side of them took one cage in each hand (they have handles lol). One with Shade in it, the other with Echo. He then started walking into a white and grayish building, leaving Max behind. The first things they saw when entering the building were tons of dogs, and other wolves in some jail cells as well. They were soon thrown into their own cell (or really, cage).
"W- Wait!" Shade yelled, rushing to the bars separating them from the man in front of them. "What about Max?"
"Don't worry, Shade" Echo started, "I'm sure he's fine, besides, he's probably going to end up with us any moment now."
"Probably..?"
"Th- The point is, we'll see him either way."
A few seconds after, Max was thrown in with them. "OW! THAT HURT! you jerk!"
"Max!" Shade exclaimed before hugging Max as hard as he could.
"What did I say?" Echo said, smirking.
"You, shush. I was scared"
"Shade... I can't .. breathe.."
"Oh crap I'm sorry!" Shade cried, letting Max go.
————————————————————
It's been a few hours since the kidnapping, and the three wolves were as bored as ever.
All they have been doing was laying down, sitting, talking to each other, and sleeping... again.
It wasn't long till they heard footsteps approaching their cage. The three were all facing the same direction, waiting. A guy has walked to their cage and is now eyeing them. He then took out a clipboard and a pen and starting writing. After a while, he put them away and opened the cage. Taking out a rope, he grabbed Max and carefully put the rope around his neck. He then did the same to the other two. He tugged on the rope signaling to the three to follow him. The three exchanged confused looks and obeyed. Where was he leading them now?

After a bit of walking they arrive at a door. The man opened the door revealing the outdoors with some other dogs/wolves. There was a fence surrounding them preventing them from escaping. It's a backyard basically, except the fence was really tall. The man took off their ropes and let them go. Max was the first to leave them while the other two took a while before following him. There were plenty of big bowls for dogs/wolves to eat/drink at, but the food wasn't very good. Edible, but with barely any taste. The three wolves were walking and chatting with each other until someone bumped into them.
"Owwww" He groaned, "Holy crap I'm sorry!" It was a wolf. At least that's what Echo thought. He was white with some deep blue sharp edges on his ears, tail, front paws, and snout. His eyes were red for some reason.
"It's alright, no need to get freaked" Shade replied.
"I'm sorry if we interrupted anything" said another wolf- no, dog that was beside the white and blue one. This one was brown with some lighter brown on his snout and chin, underbelly and neck, and the bottom of his tail (not the tip). He also had a floppy ear and cyan eyes, except it's a bit darker.
"Like I said, no need to worry, you're fine!" Shade said.
There was an awkward silence after that.
"Hi! I'm Max, what's your name?" Max said, ending the silence.
"Oh, I'm Koda and this is Whiteout." The dog named Koda answered.
"I'm Echo, and this is Shade" Echo introduced, "not to be rude or anything, but what breed are you guys?
"Haha.. well, I'm a German Shepard and Chocolate Labrador mix." Koda replied.
"Umm.. I think I'm a white wolf... or Arctic.. I don't know" Whiteout said, chuckling.
"How come your name's Whiteout?- OW!" Max growled at Shade, who elbowed him.
"That's not something you say out loud!" Shade shushed.
Whiteout chuckled. "That's fine, I don't mind, it's not a common name and he's just a pup after all."
Shade eyed Max angrily before looking forward to Koda and Whiteout.
"What's with the blue-" "what's with the yellow?" Koda interrupted Echo.
Echo tensed up a little. "Ha.. sorry." He said, lowering his head.
"Koda! Don't be rude! He asked a question and I'll answer it." Whiteout said.
"I asked him a question, yet he didn't answer..." Koda mumbled angrily, looking away.
'What's up with him all of a sudden? Wasn't he being nice a minute ago?' Echo thought to himself.
"So you guys don't know?" Whiteout asked.
"Know what?" Shade replied.
"The reason we're here...?"
"No...?" Shade answered, tilting his head.
"Oh! Well, here the humans take great care of us and give us cool powers!"
Echo shot up. "What." He said staring intensely at Whiteout.
"U-uh.." White out shifted his paws a little. "They uh take us in a room and uh give us a shot and ta-da! Powers!" He chuckled nervously.
"Are they ALOUD to do that!?" Echo asked, panicked. He was now standing up.
"Y-yes...? I don't know.."
Echo's ears shot back. 'Oh no.. if everyone here gets powers then.. WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO THE WORLD? TO THEM?! The humans will see how powerful they are and kill them all! No. I won't let that happen. I'll protect them.'
"Is there something wrong?" Whiteout asked, concerned.
"How many of them have powers?" Echo asked, "or how many do you know have powers?"
"Uh.. honestly.. not that much.. but I do!"
"WHAT!?" Echo yelled.
"HEY! CALM IT!" Koda snapped, standing in front Whiteout in a defensive way.
"Right. Sorry." Echo sat back down, "so, what kind of power do you have?"

———————————————————
Woah! Chapter! This ones longer than the other one.... Right?-
Well there you guys go! New characters! What do you guys think of them? I'm going to be honest, Whiteout actually didn't have a name till I started writing his parts lol. I know his name is weird, but I like it and idk if it can be used as a boy name or not but whatever.