Chapter 9- Loss

'Koda' turned his head, one paw still on Shades' chest, holding him down. "Leave. Them. Alone." Whiteout growled, "I'M the one you wanna kill, so let them live." 'Koda' stared for a bit, "actually, I said they were gonna die anyway, I just wanted to kill you first!" They exclaimed. "How about instead, kill me now and kill them later." White said. 'Koda' stood there for a bit, most likely thinking, but then turned to Shade, then Whiteout, then Shade again. "Hmm... Well, I might scratch that plan," they said, "He's weaker right now so why not kill him first?" They said raising their paw again. "WAIT NO-!"
It was too late. 'Koda' has already slashed Shades' throat.
The three widened their eyes.
"SHAADEE!" Max yelled, tears in his eyes. He tried running over, but Echo still held on to him. The other two couldn't look away, Echo tightened his grip on Max.
The two were frozen, too scared to move. The only one moving was Max, who kept trying to get out of Echo's grasp.
'Koda' didn't move either, they just stood there watching the body. Echo noticed something he didn't expect. Tears were rolling down 'Koda's' face. They looked at their paw, full of blood, and turned around.
'Their eyes.. they're.. normal?' Echo thought. It's true, his fur was still black and goopy, but his eyes were a light blue with pupils (and of course, the white bit is indeed white instead of black), and he was crying too. Ok, either 'Koda' is playing with us or that's the real Koda. Echo thought to himself. Whiteout started walking towards him, slowly. Koda looked at him, the black goop on the top of his head started melting- or going down? His brown fur was brought back to light. He ran up to Whiteout and hugged him tightly, before bawling(?). "IM SO SORRY! I DIDNT MEAN TO! I COULDNT MOVE! IT WASNT ME! IM SORRY!" yes, this was indeed Koda. Echo slowly let Max go, letting him run to his older brother. Echo walked after Max. He saw Max staring at Shades body before hugging him tightly with tears running down his face. Echo decided to hug him, knowing how Max felt. 'This is wrong, he's just a pup, he shouldn't be going through this right now'. He looked back at Koda watching as Whiteout tried his best to calm his friend down. Echo stood up and started walking towards the two. Whiteout looked up at Echo with a worried expression. "Koda," Echo said. Koda turned his head and looked up at Echo. "Just know that none of this was your fault, you weren't in control of your body," Echo says while sitting down and placing a paw on Koda's shoulder. Koda let go of Whiteout and sat down. "If you can, could you tell me who that was? And how they took control of you?" Koda looked down at his paws before answering, "I don't know.. they said they didn't know what their name was. They said we could make one for them.. For when they took control... I don't really know either. All I remember is the humans sticking a large needle in me and next thing you know, everything is black. I couldn't see anything until three creatures appeared in front of me. The one in the middle was the one who controlled me just now, the one on their right was a fox.. I think,  it had some spikes on its back and a longer tail than usual foxes do. The one on their left was some kind of...   Actually, I don't know, it had some floppy ears, like the bunny kind and a cat tail. The one in the middle was smiling uncomfortably at me, but the fox's smile was worse. The bunny..? Idk what to call it so I'll just say bunny, seemed like it didn't care. They were all the same color, same colored eyes too. We talked for a bit, but it was until the one who looked like me took control and.. well.. you know the rest."  'There's two more?!' Echo thought, 'as if one wasn't enough..' The three sat there in silence before they hear a sudden yell. It was Max, he has attacked Koda. Koda screamed as Max bit into his shoulder, and it looked as if he put all his force in that bite. "MAX!" The other two yelled. Echo grabbed Max and got him off of Koda, while Whiteout made sure Koda was ok. Echo scolded Max and told him a short version of what Koda told the other two. Max silently growled as he returned to his brothers body and laid down next to it. Echo sighed and went to tell Max about how they needed to bury the body. The pup agreed, and so did the other two, so they exited the building to bury the young wolf. After buried, they sat there in silence for a while until going back inside the building, except they decided to stay near the entrance.

                                                                                               ~~_————A/N————_~~
WHOOO I AM BACKKK! Sorry it took so long to update, there was a lot going on and I wasn't really focused on anything and didn't have any motivation. The ending IS rushed lol idk if you can tell or not but it was rushed. Anyways, Shade is gone! D: I know you don't really know him well or connected to him much, but I thought he would be better dead lol idk. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed :D goodbye and goodnight! Love you!! <3