Chapter 6- Blood thirsty

"Yes." Shade answered, "really bad."
"What do we do? We need to do something!" Max said.
"There's nothing we can do." Echo said, "not like this at least."
Max looked the opposite way and slightly lowered his head, worried about his so called 'new friend'.

A few minutes later, the three are getting more and more worried for the pup. Echo kept looking out the bars, hoping to see the young, brown dog. They started losing hope and decided to distract themselves.... Well.. at least until they heard a distant scream.
"KODA!" Max yelled, jumping up.
Silence.
...
"AHHHHHH"
"Shade.. I'm scared" Max whimpered.
"It's ok, you'll be fine, and I'm sure Koda is too." Shade said, reassuringly.
"That wasn't Koda." Echo said, "that was a human."
"Oh. Then we shouldn't worry about him!" Max exclaimed.
"No, the first scream was definitely Koda- wait- are you not concerned for the human?"
"Uh-"
BAAMMMmmm!
At this point, everyone was looking in the direction the noice came from. There was an unsettling silence for a moment, until they saw something fall. A human. A dead human.
"ITS DEAD!" Max shrieked.
"NOPE!" One of the wolves yelled, "I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS BUT IM NOT GETTING KILLED BY IT!"
The wolf was on hind legs, attempting to open the cage door. After a few struggles, and with some help from the other two it was with, they managed to open the door.
"Hey!" Shade called.
"Mind helping us? Please?"
They exchanged glances before one sighed and opened their door.
"Thanks!" Shade said.
"Alright," Echo started, "our goal is to get everyone out and escape."
The two (and the other three) nodded and started freeing the others.
"Echo!"
Echo raised his head, searching for whoever called him.
"Hey! Over here!"
He turned his head and saw a familiar wolf waving for him.
"Whiteout!"
Echo ran to Whiteouts cage and opened the door.
"I don't know about you, but I don't think Koda is doing very well" Whiteout said, nervously looking in the direction the humans took his friend.
"I'm afraid he isn't." Echo agreed.
They both then went along and opened the rest of the doors.
A few minutes later, everyone was out and getting ready to leave.

———

"If we don't hurry, and find the stupid exit, we'll end up like those humans." A gray wolf said, shoving a smaller, not much younger, wolf forward.
"But what if it's locked? The smaller asked.
"We'll find a way, promise." The older said.
The smaller nodded and heading a certain direction.
The two were walking, no one else around, in a hall.
"Where do you think you two are going?"
They both turned around, the older ready to yell at them before they froze, terrified of what was in front of them.
"I don't like chasing my prey, but if it's necessary, then I have no choice."
It was a black (or really dark gray) dog with pure black eyes and unsettling white pupils that looked like a bunch of scribbles overlapping one another. He had a left floppy ear, and black tears falling down his face. He also had a liquidy presence, and every time he spoke his mouth seems to have this strange liquid/slimy thing (some of his mouth is still connected unless fully open.)
"Hmmm... I'll be nice and give you a choice. Who dies first?"
The two wolves are unable to move, terrified.
"Cmon! I don't have all day!" The dog growled.
Silence...
"Fine! I'll choose-"
"Wait! No! Plea-"
"Ah! I already gave you a chance and you didn't take it! Now it's my choice." The dog said, sitting down.
"Lets see... I'll choose... you!" He pointed the younger one and stood up.
"NO! ME! KILL ME INSTEAD!"
The dog just stared.
...
"HAHAHA! You think I won't kill both of you? Either way, you're both doomed, now shush and wait for your turn.
He looked at the younger wolf, making her uncomfortable. He smiled. He started walking toward her, keeping a smile on his face.
"RUN!" The older yelled, pushing the younger. She ran. She looked back. She saw blood. She stopped. She couldn't move, especially when she saw her best friend get murdered by a dangerous creature. She was terrified. She was crying, but didn't care. She screamed. She wanted to run and warn the others, but she couldn't. The dog approached her, he could tell she was traumatized, but it didn't matter since the trauma won't last long. He gave her another smile, but it was... comforting? She looked at him and smiled back.
Why?
They stayed there for a small while before his smile became unsettling. He growled while shaking his head.
"Fuck. How did he-"
The wolf ran. She didn't stop.
"DAMN IT!" He ran after her. He pounced on her. There was blood.. a lot of blood. He was mad. And he wasn't gonna lose control again. He stepped over the body and walked down the hall.
'I will find them.'
'And I will kill them all.'

~~———A/N———~~
Hi! Sorry I haven't posted in a long while, I was very busy! I'll try posting more often again, but if I don't, Im sorry. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and thank you all for 40+ reads! Can't believe people like this book lol. Well, that's all, bye!