Prologue

3 years ago...

"Hyung, I trusted you! What the hell happened with trusting one another?! That no secrets should be left unturned between us?! How long have you been keeping this from me?!" Jongho's berated voice echoed through the hallway of their shared apartment. Streams of hot liquid cascaded down his cheeks while glaring at his boyfriend, who has also been crying and shaking in fear.

Books that were once neatly stacked on Jongho's study table are now scattered on the floor along with some pens and school papers, except for their framed couple photo that was taken on their first anniversary that now laid flat on the table after Jongho had shoved almost all of his school stuff off the table out of anger.

Yeosang, who is on the floor, tried to stand with little strength he had left and prepared himself to explain his side if ever the younger's anger subsided.

"J-Jjongie..." he muttered to his boyfriend, afraid to be choked by his own tears if he called him out loud.

"What was that acceptance letter for?! Did you decide something on your own?! Something that you hid from me?!" Jongho continued to rage, trying his best not to grab the chair and throw it somewhere in the room and avoid getting Yeosang hit. He still loves his boyfriend and would never hit him no matter how angry he is at that moment so he opted to punch the wall instead, which alarmed the other latter.

"Jongho stop that!!" Yeosang exclaimed and rushed to him in order to pull him away from the wall and stop him from punching the wall before it would create a hole. "Stop doing that!"

He hugged his boyfriend from behind and tried his best to move him away from the study table and wall. Although Jongho was much stronger than him, he was surprised that he was able to somehow pull him away despite the younger's protest to let him go.

"Let go of me, hyung!!" Jongho demanded while clawing Yeosang's arm to remove them.

"No! Please just listen to me first! You're misunderstanding it!" Yeosang stubbornly shouted back, tightening his hold to the younger. "Please! Please listen to me first!" he begged as fresh hot tears cascades down and somehow wetting Jongho's pullover from behind.

"Why should I when you have already decided everything on your own?! When you have decided to leave me!?!" Jongho yelled, gripping the older's arm to yank them away from his hold.

"That's not entirely true! You're misunderstanding it!" Yeosang exclaimed, desperate to be given a chance by him. However, Jongho successfully yanked himself away from Yeosang and pushed him away until the older landed on the floor with a loud thud. Yeosang winced and hissed at the pain, and looked at his boyfriend who was still glaring at him. He quickly stood up despite the pain and slowly walked towards him. He was about to open his mouth to try explaining to him again when Jongho cut him and said the words that feared him the most from the start of their fight.

"We're through, hyung! That way it's easier for you to to leave me and eventually find someone better than m—"

A loud and crisp slap was heard throughout the room that silenced everything. Yerosang had unintentionally slapped Jongho on the cheek and for a moment all Jongho could hear was a high-pitch ringing sound, as he stared at their framed couple photo on his study table. He felt shocked because his boyfriend had never slapped him, not including the playful hitting. He was even sure that the slap had left a handprint on his face. Yeosang, on the other hand, could not believe that he had just slapped his boyfriend. Regret instantly started to eat him alive.

"J-Jongho, I-I didn't—" he quivered.

Jongho snapped a look at him and told him with resentment, "We're done, hyung". He left the room, leaving the latter behind.

Once Yeosang heard the door shut in a loud bang, he fell to his knees and let out a painful cry that echoed through the peaceful night.

Jongho left their apartment and ran to wherever his feet could take him as he finally let his tears fall. People were looking at him weirdly whenever he came across them, but he didn't care. He was too hurt to care about what they think about him because he couldn't believe that Yeosang was planning to leave him and even kept it from him. He loved him, but he couldn't believe that he did that to him. He felt betrayed. He felt angry at him. He was suddenly flooded with questions and doubts about himself.

Jongho suddenly bumped into someone of familiar bodybuilt and scent, but he didn't bother to know and even apologized to the person because his mind was clouded with hurtful thoughts. As he was about to walk away, a strong hand grabbed him by force and yanked him slightly back. It startled Jongho because he had no time to deal with some bullshit and was about to throw a fist at the person when the person recognized him.

"Jongho?" a deep and raspy voice called him.

Jongho was then back to his senses and was able to recognize that distinct voice, so he glanced at the person and without sparing a second he immediately wrapped his arms around the person and cried on his chest. "Hyung, it hurts!" he cried.

That person turned out to be his friend and obviously his friend was startled as to why the younger had suddenly hugged him, buried his face on his chest and started crying. He already had a hunch as to why Jongho was crying, but he wished it wasn't what he was thinking.

"It's okay Jongho. Let it all out bud" he told him as he hugs him back and rubs his back in a comforting manner.

"Mingi-hyung, w-we're done... Yeos—Yeosang-hyung and I—we're o-over" Jongho babbled, trying his best not to stutter despite the continuous pang of pain stinging his heart.

Mingi was taken aback by the sudden news. His hunch was right and he felt sorry for him. He didn't ask him why and how, and just let him cry.

"Hyung, I love him so much that—that it hurts for me to end things with him!" Jongho continued to cry. "H-How—Why—Doesn't he love me?!"

Mingi was suddenly alarmed so he looked at him and said, "Hey, hey, hey don't say that, bud..." He wanted to calm the other down because he was letting his emotions eat him. ""Of course Yeosang loves you, Jongho... He loves you so much—"

"Then why was he planning on leaving me?! He really did love me, so why did kept it from me?!!" Jongho berated as he gripped the shirt of the other. Mingi can see the anger in his bloodshot eyes.

"Mingi-hyung! WHY?!"

Mingi slightly flinched when Jongho yelled at him.

By now, people passing by were looking weirdly at them and were probably gossiping about them. Jongho didn't care, but Mingi did. So he tried his best to shush him and calm him down as Jongho was starting to throw tantrums like a child.

"Jongho? Bud? How about let's go to my place, yeah? You can stay with me and I'll let you cry all you want, hm? I'll even let you break all the apples that I have, okay?" Mingi said to him as he gently removes Jongho's hand off his shirt. He turned around while holding one hand and draped it on one side of his shoulder in order to give him a hint. Jongho did so he wrapped his arms around Mingi's neck and leaned forward. Mingi then slightly crouched down and held both of the younger's legs to his sides and finally lifted Jongho. They walk away from the scene and head to Mingi's place.