Chapter 21

Note: SeongJoong marriage proposal part 1! Happy reading!

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung held the phone between his left shoulder blade and ear as he listened to Hongjoong speak from the other line. San had just parked at the designated parking area on the side when Hongjoong called Wooyoung. The young latter immediately answered the call while rummaging through San's duffel bag for his wallet.

"Jongho is still at work, hyung," Wooyoung spoke as he continued to rummage. "We can't just pull him out of work even if he's working for his cousin!" He argued.

He listened to more of Hongjoong's rambling.

"His shift is almost done, hyung. We can wait for him," Wooyoung said and rolled his eyes.

Hongjoong is agitated in this planning process, so Wooyoung can understand why the other is acting this way.

Marriage proposal. Hongjoong wants to propose to Seonghwa. He wants to tie the knot with him. He wants to be with him. Forever.

"Dad, I'm telling you, Utopia café would be perfect for your gig slash marriage proposal. The place is small but enough to accommodate your family members and friends," Wooyoung explains after Hongjoong's panic about not having a venue. "Plus, Seonghwa-hyung, Yeosangie, and I often go there. The food and drinks are good too,"

"Okay. Okay. So, I just have to ask Yunho if I could rent the place for this gig slash proposal, right?" Hongjoong asks from the other line.

"Yes, hyung. Yunho would be delighted to help," Wooyoung says. "You can call him or just go to the cafè,"

"Okay. I-I'll do that," the older latter says.

Wooyoung sighs. "Hyung, don't be nervous. We got you, okay? We'll make this marriage proposal of yours memorable and emotional," he reassures, sensing how anxious and restless his friend is.

He hears Hongjoong sigh, "I-I just want this to be perfect, Woo,"

"We know, hyung. We know," Wooyoung says. "But that's why you have us. We will make it perfect,"

"Thanks, Woo. Gosh, I'm getting emotional right now, and I'm not even at the proposal part yet," the older rambles.

Wooyoung giggles, "We'll get there, hyung. Anyway, Sannie and I will be going now,"

"Oh! You're there already?" Hongjoong asks.

"Yep. Talk to you later, Dad!" The younger bids farewell and waits for the older to respond before ending the call.

"Bye,"

After the call ended, Wooyoung kept his phone in his pocket and turned to San.