{5}

Tw: mention of sexual things (no smut), and a little gore I guess?

I woke up hearing moans coming from clay. At first I thought he was jerking off, but when I turned around I saw that he was still sleeping. He must be having a wet dream. I decided to ignore it, and try to get more sleep until I heard my name. "Ahhh George please, please." He was whispering, so I almost didn't hear what he was saying.

I slapped my hand over my mouth to stop me from laughing. "Ahhh yes please let me cum." At this point it's just embarrassing so I woke him up. Sadly that stopped his beautiful noises. "Clay wake up." I said while tapping his shoulder. He groaned and tightened his arms around me, keeping me in place.

"Go back to sleep." He said in his usual hot as fuck morning voice. This time when I looked at the clock on his nightstand it showed 9:29 am. "No it's 9:30 you have to wake up." I said. He immediately let go of me and checked the clock. He jumped out of bed and said "Shit George I have a fight in 30 minutes."

He pulled his shirt off showing off his perfectly toned abs, sadly he put on a shirt afterwards. "He walked over to me and grabbed my wrist. "Hey what are you doing?" I said. "We are getting breakfast, I can't fight on an empty stomach." He whispered in my ear, still dragging me out of the apartment.

As soon as we got out of the door we bumped into Nick, and when he saw us together he grew a smirk on his face. "Not now Nick." I hear Clay say angrily. He dragged me away towards the lunch room. "What was that about? You could have been nicer." I say to Clay. He was actually quite rude to Nick.

"Since when do you care about being nice?" He retorts. I wanted to make a sarcastic remark, but I can tell Clay isn't in the mood right now so I hold back on it. "Can you at least let go of my hand?" I ask. He responds by letting go of my wrist. Secretly I miss the contact but you will never hear me say that in my life.

Eventually we get to the lunch room and Clay tells me to go find us a table, while he gets us some food. I find the table that we were all at yesterday and sit down on the left side. Soon enough Clay comes back with two trays filled with all kinds of food. He sits down on the opposite side of me, and hands me one of the trays.

"I don't expect you to eat everything, just give it to me when you're done." He said in a cold tone, he sounds mad. Not at me, just at the world. Does he usually get like this the days of his battles? "Why are you in such a mood?" I bluntly ask. I am done trying to figure out what he is feeling all the time.

He ignored me. I couldn't help but feel sad about this, but I decided not to push further. I can tell that this is a sensitive topic. If he wants to tell me then he will. "What's up my bitches." I hear Nick say from the entrance. People from other tables are looking at him like he is crazy, and he is. He slowly walks over to us and pats Clay on the back as a sort of comforting gesture.

Clay has his mouth full of pancakes, shovelling more into his mouth before swallowing. "Calm down man, you still have like 15 minutes." Nick says. Clay finishes chewing and says "Shut up man." I expected Nick to look offended but he gives Clay a sympathetic look instead. "I don't want your sympathy Nick." Clay says angrily again.

I just Nick a confused glance and he just shakes his head. "I'm gonna head out, come to my room if you need anything." Nick says before he leaves the room without having anything to eat.

"My last battle I fought someone I loved." Clay says almost like he is embarrassed to admit it out loud. I don't say anything, I just wait for him to tell me the story.

"His name was Fundy, we had met 4 months prior, it was like love at first sight. He always hung out, he always slept over. Everything was perfect until one day he came to my room after one of his fights with tears running down his face." Clay stops for a moment, willing himself not to cry. Not now. "I asked him what was wrong and he said that we were fighting for two days. At first I didn't believe him, I didn't want to."

"Everyone knew that we loved each other, we weren't dating but it was obvious. The day of the fight came around and Fundy came to my door like he always did, in tears. He told me to give him a fair fight. He wanted me to try my hardest on him, knowing that I was a much better fighter than he was. He didn't care, he just wanted to spend our last hours together."

I see a tear run down Clay's cheek and I immediately feel the need to wipe it off with my thumb. I don't though, instead I sat next to Clay and hugged him. He was confused at first but soon eased into the embrace. "I still have nightmares about when I ended his life. He was begging me to do it, he had a dagger in his arm, he stabbed himself for me. I had my sword, his last words to me ever were 'I know you love me, you have to do this.' And then I pushed my sword into his stomach, killing him immediately."

By now Clay is full blown hugging me back, he completely forgot about his food. I see Nick in the corner of my eye, with a sad look on his face. Without him saying anything I know that it's time for Clay to fight again.

"I will be here for you no matter what Clay. But I think it's time for you to fight again. Warrior man is here." Clay wipes his eyes and turns towards Nick and Quackity. "You call Quackity, Warrior man?" he questions while chuckling. I nod my head in response and he reluctantly gets up.

I follow them too, walking next to nick. We are walking a long way behind Clay and Quackity.
"Did he tell you about Fundy?" Nick questions. I nod my head in response. "I feel so bad for him, why would he be forced to do that?" I ask, mad at the man up above for making Clay go through something so horrible, and scarring.

"I guess his dad was mad at him for falling in love." What does his dad have to do with this? Where are Clay's parents? He never talks about them. I think he mentioned his dad once but that was just to say that he was a dimented asshole. Finally after a lot of thinking, I came to the conclusion that the master is Clay's dad. It makes sense, the master is in charge of choosing who fights who, and I'm guessing when he found out about Clay and Fundy, he needed Fundy out of the picture.

"Is Clay's dad the master?" I ask Nick for confirmation. He turns his head towards me, grabbing my wrist to stop us from walking. "Did he not tell you?!" He looks frightened. "No?" I am unsure of my answer. I see Nick shake his head and say "Don't tell him I told you, he's not proud of being the son of the master here."

"I won't. I promise." I say, and we resume our walking. Conversation dies down, now it's just awkward silence as we walk behind Clay and Quackity.

I'm worried for Clay. What if he is so emotionally damaged by his last fight, that he fails to win this one? What would I do if the one person I let into my heart dies after only a couple of weeks after meeting him? "Don't worry george. He is the best fighter here." Nick says, sensing my worry.

---

Eventually we get to the battle arena. Nick and I choose the best seats, we haven't said a word since Nick accidentally told me that Clay's father was the master.

I watch as Clay chooses his weapon, the sword. The same one that I assume that he killed Fundy with. I see the guilty look on his face when he picks it up. I can't help but feel the need to hold him right now.

I think back to my dream, where I killed Clay. Maybe it wasn't a sign of physical death, but emotional. All I know now is that I am not gonna let Clay sleep alone again tonight. He seemed actually peaceful when he cuddled up against my back. I don't care how much I get hurt here, I am not gonna let Clay be alone.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for reading this story

Remember to drink water and eat some food.

You are loved!

~Kaysu