EPILOGUE

IN THE DARKNESS, there is a boy with eyes the same shade as the sea and skin that is colored by pure sunlight. Your first glimpse of him makes your heart leap, filling itself with a feeling so nostalgic and bittersweet. He looks so haunting, a figure from a dream that you cannot believe is real.

But when he sees you, the tension drains from both of your faces. Such things should come from the daydreams of young people, sighing and soft like lullabies of the mountains. You don't know why you feel so drawn to him, but you know that this does not have to make sense. You know that you must stay close to him, that you will love him, and that, most likely, you will never stop loving him. You want him whole, everything, and leave nothing left to trace.

The memories flood like daylights after dark and everything pulls him to you. Realization hits him and his green eyes flash with disbelieving wonder. You freeze for a second and for a fleeting moment you wonder if he thought you an afterthought, but he looks at you as he did back then, holding your gaze and keeping you close.

"You're here."

Eren reached for you and your hand found his. His grasp was tight, and familiar, and kind. Neither of you wanted to let go. His breaths were ragged, like the air had turned taut and you were an apparition he was too afraid to hold lest you disappear in smoke. A million rays beamed into the darkness like the primeval break of sunlight, illuminating the first and last dawn of the earth. Tears spun in his eyes and yours, and they fell.

"I remember everything."