Chapter 10

i wrote this during ramadan so leo's going to reference the month a few times. for the sake of this chapter just pretend it's still ramadan

also this chapter contains a lot of internalized aphobia and has a character have a mental breakdown soooo yeahhh if you don't want to read that, just read the second section and read the part of my note at the end that's underlined

enjoyyyyyy (please do this was one of my favorite chapters to write even though i had really bad writers block for a while and erased and rewrote it like 80 times...)

♈︎ ♉︎ ♊︎ ♋︎ ♌︎ ♍︎ ♎︎ ♏︎ ♐︎ ♑︎ ♒︎ ♓︎

Minnie was sitting on a park bench reading a book because she was bored and it was nice out.

And she wanted some peace and quiet from her chaotic friend group.

She was reading Loveless by Alice Oseman since Aries seemed to love it so much and forced her to read it. Like he actually spammed her on every social media platform and in their private chat every single day with "READ LOVELESS" but in various spelling mistakes.

I relate to Georgia so much. Like maybe too much... maybe I'm aroace, Minnie thought and shook her head. Nah. Can't be. I... I can't be, right? I'm not aroace. I... I will fall for someone at some point. I will. I won't die alone.

"MINNIE!" someone yelled. Minnie jerked her head up and saw Aries running to her. Scorpio was trailing behind in annoyance. "You're finally reading Loveless!"

So much for peace and quiet, Minnie thought. "Yeah, I am. I figured that would be better than you murdering me for not reading it."

"So do you like it?" he asked and sat down next to her.

"Yes, actually," Minnie said. Scorpio finally reached them and plopped down next to Aries.

"Aries decided that going on a walk is good and forced me to come," Scorpio said, crossing his arms.

"Did not! I said you could stay home if you'd like to but you ran after me once I exited to house," Aries said. "Not my fault."

"Damn, Scorpi. Your crush is worse than I thought," Minnie said. Aries slapped her arm and Scorpio rolled his eyes as she laughed. She'd never admit it but she was glad these two were providing her a distraction from her thoughts. "Come on. You can't deny it now. You won't even sit on a bench right outside your house because you hate the outdoors so much."

"Not true! I've done so plenty of times. I just don't want to when you're around," Scorpio said, crossing his arms.

"Or anyone but Aries," Minnie said, to which she received a glare. "Anyways, Loveless is really good. Georgia's really relatable. I'm... not aroace though." She looked down and said quieter, "Definitely not."

Aries and Scorpio exchanged glances and Aries put a hand on Minnie's shoulder. "Anything else?"

"I love Pip and Rooney's dynamic. Sunil's amazing. And Jason too. Usually I'd say never trust someone with a J name, especially a cishet guy with one, but Jason can be the one exception," Minnie said, looking back up at them. "They're all super chaotic."

"Can we talk about something not related to that book? I don't understand anything that's going on," Scorpio said.

"You should read it then," Aries said.

"You really shouldn't have said that, Scorpi. Now he's going to stalk you until you read it," Minnie said.

"Dammit," Scorpio mumbled.