Chapter Two

𝐒 𝐎 𝐋 𝐀 𝐍 𝐀

𝐒 𝐎 𝐋 𝐀 𝐍 𝐀

It was freezing outside.

Or maybe I was—

My body felt cold, the draft of the dreadful New York air hit me like a semi- truck did on highways,

But, still somehow the cold ironically didn't slow me down, it encouraged me to keep going. To keep pushing. And so I did, I pushed my body. And hard, and far against the grain of the bowing wind. My face felt dry and lips cracked but still I kept on.

It was dark, and loud so very very loud, but I love it, I fucking loved it.

The sounds of honking trucks and wandering people on the streets filled my ear like symphonic music, this was home was.

Sadly, my real home didn't even feel home.

Because it wasn't, wandering the streets going sightseeing is what made me feel at home.

My parents probably didn't even have the slightest clue as to where in the hell there only daughter was, and I couldn't blame them, not for that at least.

Not this time, even though I should've.

I was the daughter of a self made ceo and his dime piece, my mother, the woman he grew to 'love' and ruined; his girl, the broke girl, an ex escort.

A woman of many names is what my mother is. A woman with the troubled past, how ironic, but you'd find out more about that later in this sad sap of a story called my life.

Okay maybe I should chill with all the mellow dramatics but hey I gotta do something to keep me from jumping off a bridge.

But, long story not so long, cut very very short; yup, my mother was popping cooch, and look where that got her, well who am I too judge as long as they are out of my hair I could careless about the marital issues and focus on my own tragic love life— but that itself is another tale for another day.

And by another day I mean the day I can actually experience more than just reading from books, watching rom-coms  and searching online about what love itself should entail.

Are you bored yet? Because I personally am.

This temporary fixation given to me with a time frame that came closer and closer to fading away with each and every passing day.

I pushed, and pushed; shivering along as a slight wind hit my face like a snowball during a snowball fight, and just as hard— I relinquished the few fonder memories to pass my by as I passed the people filled streets.