𝐈. too far away

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐅𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘
001 ──── location. the ark.
.   °  . ● ° . ° :. ° . ☆   .
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

SHE HADN'T MEANT to kill him━had she? It wasn't her right?! She was lost like her dad, she didn't recognize herself. She never would again.

After her dad came home one night, he seemingly still had his guards uniform and put it away as always. He drank a lot afterwards, and had been collecting all the moonshine he could get.

It was too much for her liking, but who was she to say about all the things she hadn't liked about her dad this past year and a half! Not her.

Though, she tried. She would have done anything to save her mom, but now that there was at least a chance for that to happen with her dad━to save him━bring back the man she loved dearly, she would. He didn't have it, telling her it wasn't her place to talk about what he could and couldn't do, how she was worthless, and how he had nobody left. It hurt.

Because since she was two, her family had each other. And when her mom got floated and Reese is left with her now abusive dad to tell her he has no one, when she had stayed grounded after everything she's been through━it felt like a good punch to the gut.

She didn't know how it happened, it all happened so fast. Her dad had kicked her that same night, and she smacked against the wall━hitting her head. Everything seemed so fazy. Then it was another punch, and another, oh how could she forget?━One to the gut, and it felt exactly like how it felt when her dad told her he had no one.

She was still here and he wasn't here to see that. He got lost a long time ago and hadn't found his way back.

She couldn't take it, knowing he was the one hurting her, hurt more than the abuse. Her ears were ringing and no longer could she hear her dad screaming, her head whips to the side with a powerful punch to the jaw and momentarily sees the gun on the side table that was used for guards only. She didn't even have time to think about why he had it. Maybe he snuck it in? That honestly scared her━because why did he need it here? What was the reason to sneak it in?

If she were Kane, she'd fire him the moment she found out. But it helped provide for them, or should she say━her dad. So, she honestly had no problem with it!

She jumped towards the table before her dad grabbed her by the arm, barelt managing to grab hold of the handle on the gun, but took a firm grim, quickly pointing it at her dad's head before she could realise what she was doing.

Immediately time stopped, her dad's eyes widened. Maybe her dad was thinking the same thing she had all along, this wasn't her, like how these past few months Reese knew that wasn't him━for the record, he wasn't.

He slowly stands up, putting his hands in the air, telling her she's going to wish she never held that gun to his head. Reese is holding the gun with both hands, shaky from the punches and fear that now consumed her. She tried to sharply intake a breath but no air went in, she tried again, but nothing━so all she could do was let out a choked sob as tears pooled down her face. Her head was screaming no and she was so tired, tired of everything in a way she couldn't bring into words. Reese's dad had the idea she would never use it on him━or, that's what Reese thought before he started hurling towards her, about to kick her right in the gut and take hold of the gun.