𝐗𝐕. delaying the light

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.
015──── location. the forest.
.   °  . ● ° . ° :. ° . ☆   .
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ─

ONCE THEY REACH THE river, their little group splits up into teams to find the radio━━and after gathering more people from their quick stop back at camp, Reese thinks their chances of finding it are okay.

         Bellamy Blake could be stupid sometimes. However, she was not wasting time trying to make sense of what he did, so she decides to get her brain to shut up so she can find the damn thing.

         "So, Bellhoe, how's everything going? I mean, you throwing away the radio really has to lighten your day, huh?" Reese crosses her arm, giving him a side glance, chuckling lightly as she walks beside him. He sat on the outskirts of the pond━━very much doing nothing.

         Through her peripheral vision, she sees Bellamy eyeing her too, though his face is clearly not amused.

         "Funny." He retorted back with a less amused tone, though Reese could see past all his bitterness and see the playful gleam in his eyes. She knew throwing the radio away was not a joke, or something to necessarily be laughing about. She knew Bellamy probably felt bad about it, but she didn't plan on trying to comfort him. Humour was always the answer.

         "I know what you're thinking. You didn't know about them killing three hundred people, you did it to save yourself━━and yes!━━It may have been an asshole move but, I mean, sometimes I put myself in situations where I think, would I have done that in that situation? If it's life or death, it makes it hard to choose."

        She finally turns her head to face him, studying his facial features carefully. And she realises it's the first time she's looked at him with such vulnerability and softness━━so she shakes it away quickly, as Bellamy seems to be thinking.

         He looks down at the grass beneath them, lightly biting his bottom lip, and he brings his eyes back to Reese, who realises she is already looking at him.

         "Buttercup giving me sorrow? Never would have seen the day." He tilts his head to the side, giving the girl a grin that didn't reach his eyes. It was more of a smirk. She hated it. But how did she notice that his eyebrows weren't furrowed for once in his life. She doesn't recognize him as the guy back at camp━━or the dropship, should she say.

         "Oh shut up, I was being serious for once, let me have my moment." She scoffed. Bitch.

         He blinked a very long blink, chuckling while bringing his head down, "Well, who we are, and who we need to be to survive...are very different things. We can't always be who we want to be to live."

         "Well," she mimics back, "even if you did that too━━" she holds up her fingers imitating quotations, "survive, by throwing away the radio, it still doesn't make it okay. Or should I say, since you think I feel sorry for you, which i'm not━━doesn't either. I'm scolding you."

        "You don't say?" his sarcastic ass says, but she still hears a voice in the back of her head.

        You're crazy. You're crazy. You're crazy.

        Reese beams with a smile before walking away. As much as she wants to forget about everything that just transpired, she can't because of Bellamy's words━━ "who we are, and who we need to survive, are very different things."