𝐕𝐈. embrace for impact

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐓.
006────location. camp.
.   °  . ● ° . ° :. ° . ☆   .
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

REESE COLDWELL WASN'T ONE to back down. She used to, and at this moment, she would have by now. But now, she fought for what was right. Everything that happened made her stronger. She tried to remind herself of that every day—even with the memories and voices whispering in her head.

By writing them down, she gets the thoughts out of her head and clears her mind. Clearer minds think alike.

That wasn't really a phrase.

The girl felt a weight in her chest, one that she couldn't ignore. It was appalling how not long ago, she landed on earth for the first time, saw the trees, and ran around the forest with nothing but happiness in her head. The small things in life cleared her mind on their own, without the need for her book to help her. She was grateful for that, and she was grateful for everyone who she decided to search for supplies with—including Jasper.

He had filled the light for everyone, everyone had been able to let their guard down and smother a laugh. They had been able to communicate and get back to being the happy teenagers and kids they used to be—part of that was because of Jasper.

She felt this only having met him the day prior. Looking down at the round, she watches her boots drag across the grass glumly; blinking before looking over to Monty, who had been friends with the boy for years—so it seemed.

She couldn't even imagine what he was feeling.

Almost immediately, Reese was compelled to run and hug him, as if to tell him everything was going to be okay and they would find Jasper soon. But even she wasn't sure of that, and she also didn't know if she was saying that for the sake of making herself feel better—and not just Monty. She didn't want to be a bear of false hope.