𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. lost causes

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐒.
008 ──── location. the forest.
.   °  . ● ° . ° :. ° . ☆   .
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

THE WORLD WAS A CUT, a stab to the heart, a piece of her soul. It was so beautiful, everything Reese wanted to experience━everything she longed to be part of; one with the world, down to earth. But others were there, they forced them into something they didn't want to be part of. Now, she stands weak at one of her friend's dying bodies, and thinks━who were they? What has the world become?

It was not the beautiful earth that Reese thought could save her. The earth she walked aimlessly in her dreams and vivid mind. It kept her alive━a definite understatement.

It kept her alive mentally.

And Reese was more dead than she ever thought she could be living on earth. A feeling of dread piled her stomach with attempted bile running up her throat.

"Be careful!" Clarke's frail voice edged the two boys, carefully untying the vine-like rope around his waist, ankles and legs.

Reese's neck strained up to see them, surprised Murphy had let his guard down to help Jasper. Though, anyone could surprise you it seemed. She learned that, in the worst and best ways possible.

But her thoughts on everyone's feelings, that she's come to realise–she may care too much about, was cut short by a low growl admitting from behind the tree lines–somewhere in the distance. As she, Clarke, Wells, and Bellamy's attention were grabbed–so was Finn's and Murphy's. Their fear for the grounders and possibility of being speared was left for moments, as the growls got closer, and closer...and closer.

"What the hell was that?"

Bellamy stepped back, pausing. "Grounders—?"

"So now we think grounders are animals? I'm sure we have no chance against them." Reese said sarcastically, washing the strained fear between Bellamy's eyebrows away to give her a glare in return.

She didn't pay much attention to it. Frankly, she obviously had her attention and fear on whatever growled from in the forest–and sure!—It could be grounders but the last time she checked, no one growled before spearing Jasper. So, she turns her head to the patches of splotched greenery, seeing the leaves rustle lightly in tune that would have made her smile if she wasn't so sure she was about to die.

Reese's eyes fill with fear to pure horror upon seeing a black panther appear before a ray of sunlight. Another thing that would've made her smile if the animal that was about to kill them all was approaching. "Holy shi—"

The panther starts running at them. Fucking running. She was so dead, they were so dead. With a snarl to its flared nose, hungry and mad for whatever reason Reese would love to figure out, as they were just trying to save their half-dead friend—it grew closer and closer.