𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. ink bleeds into his skin

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍.
017──── location. the forest.
.   °  . ● ° . ° :. ° . ☆   .
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

AFTER WHAT FELT LIKE hours━━which was probably only minutes━━Reese could hear the gunshots slowly coming to a halt. And just before she can come to that conclusion, there's another.

       An actual one.

       She knew because she couldn't feel the pain in her rib cage and the blasting in her ears. It echoes into the night, startling her before she gets up.

       She wasn't sure what to do, and then she remembered Bellamy. His hands on her arm, but she pushed him away━━and now he was out by himself and━━

       Oh no.

       Before she knew it, she was running in the direction she heard the agonizing sound. The sound of a gunshot was never something she would have imagined running towards━━but she needed to make things right. Listen to her mother's words and stop letting her pain create more.

        Be better.

        Be better than him, is what she would say. Reese knew she would never have dreamed of saying that, but she would, and it made her feel so empty.

       Her legs feel like jelly by the time she reaches a cluster of trees. She's sure that's how far the gunshot was heard, and at first, she's terrified to see Bellamy's body lying on the ground, and she isn't sure why. It wasn't because it reminded her of her dad's but seeing him dead was━━

       Scary.

       But what Reese saw in front of her eyes was not what she expected.

       A boy she's seen around the camp quite a few times was pointing a gun at Bellamy, who was on the ground━━with absolutely no defence whatsoever.

       The gunshots began to go off. It startled her but she remembered it's her stupid fucking fear━━as she watched in horror.

       Without a second thought, Reese does the first thing that comes to her mind.

        Running behind him, Bellamy notices the girl and his eyes widen as she punches the guy in the head before shoving him to the side.

       Losing his balance, he stumbles as Bellamy takes the opportunity to grab the gun out of his hands.

        The boy was able to regain his conscience quickly, as he sent punches to Bellamy's skull again, and again.

        "Shit," she hissed, and before she knew it, she had reached into her pocket and retrieved the pen.

       Bellamy struggles as the boy holds the gun over his throat━━trapping him from breathing as Reese races behind him and stabs the sharp tip of the pen into his neck.

         He flinches, quickly releasing his strong hold of the gun over Bellamy's throat, and clutches the area Reese stabbed him with, as blood started to pour out. Though, it didn't wound him enough to fall to the ground.