𝐗𝐕𝐈. friendships are confusing

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆.
016──── location. the forest.
.   °  . ● ° . ° :. ° . ☆   .
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

"I'VE GOT NOTHING, WE'VE lost the trail," Finn told Bellamy, as he looked carefully towards the ground in order to find a trace of anything that could've happened to Octavia.

"Then keep looking!"

Finn was the best tracker they had, and his words were not giving Reese any hope. They've been out in the woods searching until it was light, and now the sun is fully high in the sky.

Bellamy knows he's supposed to be focused on finding Octavia━━but they've been walking for hours and Bellamy Blake doesn't quit. Especially if his sister is on the line.

Looking at Reese, he sees her just in time as she isn't paying attention to where she's going, and trips, hitting her hand against the tree.

"Fuck!" She hissed lowly in frustration. The smallest things were irritating her. She yawned again, barely able to see Bellamy who stood in front of her because of the water that filled her eyes.

"You alright?"

"It's whatever, okay? I'm fine. Why do you give a damn, anyway? Don't you have a sister out there to find?"

Bellamy nodded, rolling his tongue against his lip. "Yeah. You're right. Maybe stop tripping and we can find her."

His tone pierced her head, and she realized she probably hurt his feelings. Then again, Bellamy was tough━━he didn't give two shits.

She shook her head in dismay, guilty. "I'm sorry━━I'm just frustrated I guess. I want to find her as much as you, Bellamy. She's my friend."

As they continued walking, Finn spoke up. "Walking around aimlessly isn't the way to find your sister, we should backtrack━━"

"I'm not going back." Bellamy spat timidly.

"Hey, where's John?" A girl named Roma asked.

To all their dismay━━John was indeed gone. He wouldn't run off, so Reese thinks she has a good understanding of what happened to him.

"I just saw him a second ago," Finn said.

Bellamy swallows. "Spread out. He couldn't have gotten that far."

"He could have if he was taken." Reese deadpanned, making Finn and Bellamy fall silent.

They saw his body fall to the ground before their eyes. His body was covered in blood, and his neck had been slashed. John's eyes were opened, but he was dead.

Gunshots started ringing━━but no one else heard them. Only Reese. The trigger was going off so fast her breath hitched in her throat. Her only view of the world was the bright red stain on his dead body, and all she could think about was how mere seconds ago he was alive.

And he was gone just like that.

"They use the trees." Finn realized, his brow furrowed as he turned to Bellamy who stood over the body. The eldest Blake couldn't seem to tear his eyes away from him. The others frantically looked up, now unsettled by the fact that John was ripped away from them in seconds.