5

"Tell me about it" is all I could manage in response.

We started along the side roads eventually navigating to the motorway again. Tim looked on edge, but he has a tendency to do that whilst he was thinking of a plan.

"Wanna think out loud?" I offered.

"I don't even know what to think. Tony Logan is a bully, a narcissist, doesn't know how to run a business and quite frankly I don't want to help him." Tim admitted

"So why are we?"

"Because how can we let that girl who is quite clearly working herself to the ground be swallowed up? I mean, think about it she's your age and look at the difference in circumstance. You have a stable job, training whenever you need, you get paid enough to live on your own. She doesn't have any of that, and on top of that she works with an absolutely prick" Tim was grabbing the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles were turning paler by the second. This isn't the first or last time that a business has got Tim this invested. He hates injustice and wants to try and help everyone be their best. I guess is why he opened the business in the first place.

"Okay, so what are we gonna do, give her a job?" I said smirking not sure if I had crossed the line.

"No. No we're not. But I do want to get her trained properly. Tony isn't going to pay for her to go on a proper training course and if that degree is anything to go by she's a smart woman. I'm going to get her trained at our offices. She needs a safe space and we have lots of accounts consultants that aren't busy at the moment. "

"Tim I'm going to be the voice of reason here because it's my job. Training Brooke could take weeks, Tony Logan is not going to let her be away from the business from that long, he is not going to pay for the expenses for her to travel to us everyday, or accommodation. I don't think you're thinking this through properly, you're too mad at Tony right now." I think this could be a decision he regrets.

"So I'll send one of our consultants there for 2 weeks, they can do the accounts whilst Brooke gets trained here."

"You've still not considered my other points Tim" He's really not thinking straight.

"Accommodation, she can hmmm." "No. Yeah I guess" he was trying to think in his head but it clearly wasn't working.

"Katie"

"Before you ask. No" I just looked at him waiting for him to speak.

"You don't know even know what I'm going to ask"

"I know I'm not gonna like it"

"Hear me out. I will pay your rent for 1 month if you let Brooke stay with you whilst we train her." Tim glanced at me to judge my reaction.

"Have you actually gone insane?" Is he mad, I don't run a hotel!

"Maybe. You might enjoy it"

"Why on earth would I enjoy someone messing up my space? I'm not a baby sitter and the answer is no." Tim I'm not backing down so give up.

"Im not giving up. You can have 3 takeaways on me?"

"Nope"

"3 takeaways and an extra 3 days annual leave?"

"Nope"

"Last offer, 3 takeaways, 3 days annual leave and a new company car" fuck sake Tim hit me where it hurts. He knows how much I hate my shitty Citroen C1 or Tiktack box as they affectionately tease me for it.

"You do know I hate you. Fine she can stay. But 2 weeks that's it and unless it's working hours I don't have to talk to her and I'm redeeming the takeaways when she's gone" I don't have anything against Brooke, I mean I don't even know her but I've been living on my own for 3 years. And I like it. I have everything a certain way, I can eat when I want, watch what I want and I'm very content. So the mere thought of that being interrupted terrifies me in a way that comes across in annoyance.

"You are a lifesaver! When we get back to the office I need you to clear the diary for Bob and Charles. Charles can go to Logan Timber and cover the accounts and Bob can train Brooke. Tell Charles we will cover petrol and meals so to issue it to his company credit card. I will speak to Tony Logan when we get back. I'm not sure how he's gonna take it but it's costing me a fortune to even suggest this to him so he better be grateful" Tim calmly instructed.

I spent the rest of the drive planning how I was going to get my spare room ready for Brooke. It has a bed in but that's it.

It was 4:30 by the time we got back to the office. I decided I would go straight home as I didn't want to bump into any one right now, I was on edge about Brooke coming and speaking to people when I'm on edge is not my forte.

I pulled up at the car park for my flat. When I reached the door I just signed. What the hell had I agreed to. My phone buzzed as I unlocked the door:

Tim Clark:
Bit of persuading but the plan is on.

Me:
What great news I can't wait

Tim Clark:
Haha you could sound a bit more convincing.

I headed straight for the couch, kicking my heels off on the way and just buried my head in a decorative cushion.